Remember how the newsman on The Muppet Show would come out and say, “There is no news tonight”? That’s pretty much what I would say about ratings news this morning. There are no reliable ratings results to report as Fox is yet to release time-adjusted numbers for its coverage of NFL Pre-Season Game 2 coverage and the other networks’ averages were inflated by local sports preemptions, including NFL pre-season football. How significant are the artificial bumps? Last week, the fast national averages for the preemptions-inflated originals on ABC, CBS and NBC were adjusted down 15%-30% in the finals. So I’m listing last night’s fast-nationals just for reference: ABC’s Wipeout (1.9/7, up 36% from last week’s finals/flat with the fast nationals), Expedition: Impossible (1.3/4, up 18% from the finals/down 19% from fast nationals) and Rookie Blue (1.2/4, up 20% from the finals/down 14% from the fast nationals.) Similarly, CBS’ Big Brother (3.0/8) was up 11% from last week’s finals but down 6% from the fast nationals. There is one thing certain – Fox will top the night in total viewers and all key demos when adjusted numbers are released this afternoon.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Fox Tops Thursday With NFL Football
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'