Remember how the newsman on The Muppet Show would come out and say, “There is no news tonight”? That’s pretty much what I would say about ratings news this morning. There are no reliable ratings results to report as Fox is yet to release time-adjusted numbers for its coverage of NFL Pre-Season Game 2 coverage and the other networks’ averages were inflated by local sports preemptions, including NFL pre-season football. How significant are the artificial bumps? Last week, the fast national averages for the preemptions-inflated originals on ABC, CBS and NBC were adjusted down 15%-30% in the finals. So I’m listing last night’s fast-nationals just for reference: ABC’s Wipeout (1.9/7, up 36% from last week’s finals/flat with the fast nationals), Expedition: Impossible (1.3/4, up 18% from the finals/down 19% from fast nationals) and Rookie Blue (1.2/4, up 20% from the finals/down 14% from the fast nationals.) Similarly, CBS’ Big Brother (3.0/8) was up 11% from last week’s finals but down 6% from the fast nationals. There is one thing certain – Fox will top the night in total viewers and all key demos when adjusted numbers are released this afternoon.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Fox Tops Thursday With NFL Football
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison