Remember how the newsman on The Muppet Show would come out and say, “There is no news tonight”? That’s pretty much what I would say about ratings news this morning. There are no reliable ratings results to report as Fox is yet to release time-adjusted numbers for its coverage of NFL Pre-Season Game 2 coverage and the other networks’ averages were inflated by local sports preemptions, including NFL pre-season football. How significant are the artificial bumps? Last week, the fast national averages for the preemptions-inflated originals on ABC, CBS and NBC were adjusted down 15%-30% in the finals. So I’m listing last night’s fast-nationals just for reference: ABC’s Wipeout (1.9/7, up 36% from last week’s finals/flat with the fast nationals), Expedition: Impossible (1.3/4, up 18% from the finals/down 19% from fast nationals) and Rookie Blue (1.2/4, up 20% from the finals/down 14% from the fast nationals.) Similarly, CBS’ Big Brother (3.0/8) was up 11% from last week’s finals but down 6% from the fast nationals. There is one thing certain – Fox will top the night in total viewers and all key demos when adjusted numbers are released this afternoon.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Fox Tops Thursday With NFL Football
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Z: The Beginning Of Everything’ Renewed For Season 2 By Amazon
- Sean Hannity Could Leave Fox News If Murdochs Don’t Back Besieged Co-Prez Bill Shine
- ‘Dear White People’ Review: TV Series Based Movie Is Funny & Moving
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles