CBS easily won Sunday night with the two highest-rated programs of the night in adults 18-49: Big Brother (2.8/9, 7.8 million) at 8 PM, which was even with last week, and Same Name (1.6/4, 5.1 million) at 9 PM, which was up a whopping 23%. With 60 Minutes (1.2/4, 8.7 million) and a CSI: Miami rerun (1.2/3, 5 million) solid as bookends (60 Minutes was the most-watched program of the night), CBS dominated the night with an average of 1.7/2 in 18-49 and 6.4 million viewers. Also worth noting is the solid performance of a rerun of ABC’s America’s Funniest Home Videos at 7 PM (1.3/4, 5.3 million), which drew the third-highest ratings for the night in 18-49 and total viewers, significantly outperforming the Ty’s Great British Adventure special (1.0/3, 3.8 million) that followed it on ABC. Fox aired comedy reruns leading into the 2011 Teen Choice Awards (1.1/3), hosted by The Big Bang Theory star Kaley Cuoco, which were down 27% in the adults 18-49 demo though up 4% in the core teen demo (2.8/8) to post the award show’s best teen numbers in three years. NBC aired low-rated reruns (Dateline, 0.5/2 & It’s Worth What?, 0.7/2) followed by two back-to-back episodes of The Marriage Ref at 9 PM (0.9/2) and 10 PM (1.0/3). The first episode was even and the second up a tenth from last week’s show, which aired at 10 PM. Both built on their lead-ins.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' Steady, 'Same Name' Perks Up
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD