TV specials, especially telecasts of award shows and live events, often run for three hours in primetime, but airing a three-hour episode of a regular show is rather unusual. That is what ABC did last night with the season premiere Bachelor Pad (2.2/6, 6.9 million), which aired from 8-11 PM. The Bachelor offshoot was even with last year’s 8-10 debut among 18-49 and up 8% in total viewers despite facing stronger competition from Fox, which aired the Teen Choice Awards on the night last year. This time, Fox had Hell’s Kitchen (2.7/8, 6.5 million) at 8 PM, which was up 8% in 18-49 and 18% in total viewers from last week to tie its summer high in the demo and hit a new one in total viewers. MasterChef (2.3/8) at 9 PM was flat with last Monday. Fox (2.5/7, 6 million) won the night in 18-49 with its highest summer Monday average in more than three years, and ABC (2.2/6, 6.9 million) took top honors in total viewers. CBS and NBC stayed out of the fray with all reruns.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Bachelor Pad' Steady In Return, 'Hell's Kitchen' Rises & Tops Night
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex