TV specials, especially telecasts of award shows and live events, often run for three hours in primetime, but airing a three-hour episode of a regular show is rather unusual. That is what ABC did last night with the season premiere Bachelor Pad (2.2/6, 6.9 million), which aired from 8-11 PM. The Bachelor offshoot was even with last year’s 8-10 debut among 18-49 and up 8% in total viewers despite facing stronger competition from Fox, which aired the Teen Choice Awards on the night last year. This time, Fox had Hell’s Kitchen (2.7/8, 6.5 million) at 8 PM, which was up 8% in 18-49 and 18% in total viewers from last week to tie its summer high in the demo and hit a new one in total viewers. MasterChef (2.3/8) at 9 PM was flat with last Monday. Fox (2.5/7, 6 million) won the night in 18-49 with its highest summer Monday average in more than three years, and ABC (2.2/6, 6.9 million) took top honors in total viewers. CBS and NBC stayed out of the fray with all reruns.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Bachelor Pad' Steady In Return, 'Hell's Kitchen' Rises & Tops Night
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast