TV specials, especially telecasts of award shows and live events, often run for three hours in primetime, but airing a three-hour episode of a regular show is rather unusual. That is what ABC did last night with the season premiere Bachelor Pad (2.2/6, 6.9 million), which aired from 8-11 PM. The Bachelor offshoot was even with last year’s 8-10 debut among 18-49 and up 8% in total viewers despite facing stronger competition from Fox, which aired the Teen Choice Awards on the night last year. This time, Fox had Hell’s Kitchen (2.7/8, 6.5 million) at 8 PM, which was up 8% in 18-49 and 18% in total viewers from last week to tie its summer high in the demo and hit a new one in total viewers. MasterChef (2.3/8) at 9 PM was flat with last Monday. Fox (2.5/7, 6 million) won the night in 18-49 with its highest summer Monday average in more than three years, and ABC (2.2/6, 6.9 million) took top honors in total viewers. CBS and NBC stayed out of the fray with all reruns.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Bachelor Pad' Steady In Return, 'Hell's Kitchen' Rises & Tops Night
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
CNN's Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As "Fantasyland", Glenn Beck Calls Tapper's Town Hall "Grotesque"
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Operation Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest TV News
- CNN’s Brian Stelter Blasts Pirro-President Chat As “Fantasyland”, Glenn Beck Calls Tapper’s Town Hall “Grotesque”…
- Regan Arts Sells Story Of California’s Leading Abortionist For TV Development
- Olympics Ratings Slide To Icy 2018 Low, Slightly Up From Sochi 2014 On Last Night
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”