TV specials, especially telecasts of award shows and live events, often run for three hours in primetime, but airing a three-hour episode of a regular show is rather unusual. That is what ABC did last night with the season premiere Bachelor Pad (2.2/6, 6.9 million), which aired from 8-11 PM. The Bachelor offshoot was even with last year’s 8-10 debut among 18-49 and up 8% in total viewers despite facing stronger competition from Fox, which aired the Teen Choice Awards on the night last year. This time, Fox had Hell’s Kitchen (2.7/8, 6.5 million) at 8 PM, which was up 8% in 18-49 and 18% in total viewers from last week to tie its summer high in the demo and hit a new one in total viewers. MasterChef (2.3/8) at 9 PM was flat with last Monday. Fox (2.5/7, 6 million) won the night in 18-49 with its highest summer Monday average in more than three years, and ABC (2.2/6, 6.9 million) took top honors in total viewers. CBS and NBC stayed out of the fray with all reruns.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Bachelor Pad' Steady In Return, 'Hell's Kitchen' Rises & Tops Night
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Latest TV News
- ‘NCIS’: Maria Bello Joins Veteran CBS Drama As Series Regular
- Katy Perry To Host MTV Video Music Awards
- ‘The Arrangement’: Garcelle Beauvais Set To Recur In Season 2 On E!
- Donald Trump Gives Thumbs Up As ‘Fox & Friends’ & New York Times Make Nice
- Amy Sedaris Explains ‘At Home’ To Bemused TV Critics At TCA
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Krista Vernoff Returning As Co-Showrunner For Season 14