Kevin Zegers, Chris Noth, Derek Jacobi and Neve Campbell are in various stages of negotiations to join the $28 million, 12-part British miniseries Titanic: Blood & Steel, which has begun filming in Belfast. Unlike Simon Vaughn’s internationally produced four-hour miniseries Titanic, which was picked up by ABC and ITV1, Titanic: Blood & Steel, also an international co-production, doesn’t have U.S. or UK distribution yet. It chronicles the building of the Titanic, beginning in Edwardian Belfast in the early 1900s and depicting how the greatest leviathan of all time was hand made in a city on the edge of revolution. Zegers, repped by ICM and Untitled, will play Mark Muir, the metallurgist on the world’s greatest shipbuilding project who discovers potentially fatal flaws in the quality of metal being used to build the Titanic. Noth is expected to play financier J.P. Morgan; Jacobi would play Lord William Pirrie, chairman of the company that built the ill-fated liner; and Campbell is a reporter covering the liner’s maiden voyage. Directed by Ciaran Donnelly and written by Mark Skeet, Matthew Faulk and Alan Whiting, Titanic: Blood & Steel is produced by De Angelis Group, Take 5 Prods and Epos Films.
Quartet Boards British 'Titanic' Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book