Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Carmichael Show’: NBC Sets Postponed Mass-Shooting Episode For This Week
- Alec Baldwin Confirms He’ll Be Back As Donald Trump On ‘SNL’
- Stephen Colbert: Russian Intelligence Are Hardcore Fans, Followed Me Everywhere
- ‘Tremors’ Reboot Starring Kevin Bacon From Blumhouse Gets Syfy Pilot Order
- White House Clobbers CBO Forecast 22M Lose Health Insurance Under Senate Trumpcare Plan
- Eileen Myers Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Drama Spec To Showtime