Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- TV Land Picks Up 'Impastor' & 'Teachers' To Series
- 'Utopia' Moves To Friday, Replaced By 'MasterChef Junior' On Tuesday
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team