Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest TV News
- UTA Vs. CAA Agent-Poaching Lawsuit: Judge Officially Hits Pause Button
- Fox Buys ‘The Underlings’ Legal Dramedy From ‘Hart of Dixie’ Creator
- Andrea Tantaros' Shrink Backs Sexual Harassment Claims Against Roger Ailes & Fox News
- ABC Nabs Political Family Comedy Starring Felicity Huffman From Kenya Barris & Vijal Patel With Big Commitment
- ‘The Magicians’ Casts Christopher Gorham; ‘Outcast’ Adds C. Thomas Howell
- ‘NCIS’ Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: “Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain”…