Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- Kelly Ripa Teases Monday Announcement Of New ‘Live’ Co-Host
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes; Blog Publishes List Of Possible Additional Shows…
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?