Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Mayans MC’: John Ortiz Cast In FX’s ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Spinoff Pilot
- Judd Hirsch Signs With TalentWorks
- Ana Ortiz To Star In 'Charlie Foxtrot' ABC Comedy Pilot
- ‘When We Rise’ Review: ABC’s Ambitious LGBTQ Rights Miniseries Too Dense
- ‘Suits’ Spinoff Starring Gina Torres Eyed By USA
- ‘Jack Ryan’ Adds Marie-Josée Croze; Emayatzy Corinealdi Joins HBO’s ‘Ballers’