Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Power Rangers', 'CHIPS' & A Deep-Space Alien Won't Take This 'Beauty And The Beast' Down - Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Kristen Johnston Joins CBS Comedy ‘Real Life’; Jaleel White In ‘Me, Myself & I’
- ‘Harlots’ Review: Samantha Morton Lets Loose In Hulu’s Bawdy Brothel Drama
- JJ Feild & Latarsha Rose Cast In NBC’s Warren Leight Pilot; Rodney To In ‘Redliners’
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Trailer: Ewan McGregor Ignites Sibling Rivalry With Ewan McGregor
- ‘Shepard Smith Reporting’ Special Continues London Attack Coverage On Fox News
- Robert Blackmore Dies: NBC Ad Sales Exec Who Oversaw First $1B Upfront Was 90