Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS