Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
'Captain America: Civil War' Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens - Deadline Q&A
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- WGA Panel Sees More Viewer And Network Acceptance of LGBT Themes
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ABC’s ‘American Crime’ Cast Talks About Second Season’s Explosive…
- ABC Nears ‘Castle’ Renewal Decision For Season 9, Nathan Fillion Set To Return
- ‘Supergirl’ Eyes Move To Vancouver To Reduce Costs As Season 2 Stays In Limbo
- Petition Calling For SAG Pension Plan Audit Nets 1,000 Signatures
- NBC’s ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Donald Trump “Exclusive” After ‘Nightly News’ Trump Tower…