Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres