Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Furious 7' Drives To $1.12B Global To Bust Records in China; 'Dragon Ball' Trumps 'F7' In Japan - Intl B.O. Update
'Cristela' Creator & Star Cristela Alonzo Pens 'Possible Goodbye' Letter To Fans, Addresses Show's Potential End & Legacy
Latest TV News
- ‘Full House’ Return A Go On Netflix, John Stamos Tells Jimmy Kimmel
- ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Renewed For Season 4 By Comedy Central
- Jon Stewart’s Last Day On ‘The Daily Show:’ August 6
- Adrianne Palicki & Nick Blood Eyed To Topline ‘Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Spinoff
- W. Peter Iliff & Adam Small Sign With APA
- IATSE Reaches Deal With Producers For New Film & TV Contract