Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era