Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Andreeva
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Blake Shelton
- Oscar Nominee ‘Leviathan’ Upset At Russian Film Awards
- ‘Constantine’ & ‘Hart Of Dixie’ Tick Up In Ratings On Quiet Friday
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey’s Angel Drama ‘Unveiled’, Medical Drama ‘Heart Matters’ Get NBC…
- ‘Runner’, ‘Quantico’, ‘Mix’, ‘LA Crime’ & ‘Of Kings & Prophets’ Get ABC…
- ‘Blindspot’ Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti, Martin Gero Gets NBC Pilot Order