Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘The Punisher’ Drops New Trailer In Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘Outlander’ Surprises Fans With Screening Of Season 3 Debut – Comic-Con
- ‘Descendants 2’: Bobby Moynihan Is Voice of Dude The Dog
- ‘The Gifted’ Cast Unveils New Extended Trailer With All-New Mutant-Filled Footage — Comic-Con
- Bill Lawrence Unharmed After Plane Crash In New York City
- ‘The Orville’: Charlize Theron Confirmed To Guest Star In Seth MacFarlane’s Fox Series