Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘The X-Files’ Stars Gillian Anderson And David Duchovny Take A Knee While On Set
- Donald Trump Finally Tweets About Puerto Rico: “Broken Infrastructure, Massive Debt”
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Premiere: EP On Proposal Outcome, New Twist & Possible ‘Young Sheldon’ Crossovers In…
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Kneels With Players Before ‘Monday Night Football’ National Anthem
- Fox Buys Legal Family Dramedy From ‘Guilt’ Creators & Lionsgate With Penalty
- ‘Me, Myself & I’, ‘Ghosted’ & ‘The Mayor’ Review: One Winner In Trio Of Comedies