Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Will Ferrell Visits ‘@Midnight’ As George W. Bush To Defend Family Honor
- ‘The Punisher’ Recruits Paul Schulze, Others For Netflix’s New Marvel Series
- Donald Trump-ian 'Law & Order: SVU' Episode Gets Post-Election Airdate
- ‘24: Legacy’ Trailer: “Everything You Think You Know About Me, You Don’t”
- The CW Buys Action Drama ‘Searchers’ From ‘The 100’ Creator & Greg Berlanti
- ‘Walking Dead’: Scene Showing Alternate Negan Victim Surfaces