Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks