Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest TV News
- ‘Second Chance’ Trailer: Basically The Six Million Dollar Scrooge
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- Frank Gifford’s Family Donating His Brain To Medical Research After CTE Diagnosis
- NY Supreme Court Postpones Decision On Plea To Bar DraftKings And FanDuel
- ‘Animals’ Animated Comedy From Duplass Brothers Gets HBO Premiere Date