Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
Latest TV News
- Colin Woodell Joins John Ridley’s ABC Pilot ‘Presence’
- Democratic Debates Rebound On PBS/CNN Simulcast, Scoring 8.03M Viewers
- Andrea Martin To Star In Tracey Wigfield NBC Pilot, Kimrie Lewis-Davis Also Cast
- GOP Debate Musical Chairs Ends: All New Hampshire Survivors Make CBS Stage
- ‘The Night Manager’ Trailer: John Le Carré Spy Thriller With Hugh Laurie, Tom Hiddleston & Olivia Colman
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ Pilot Ordered By Fox; Damon Wayans Starring, McG Directing