Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Max Greenfield Makes Reservation For ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82