Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two