Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
More From Andreeva
- Matthew Glave Cast In NBA Pilot, Gia Mantegna In ‘Cheerleader Death Squad’
- Kim Raver To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘The Advocate’
- Briga Heelan To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘How We Live’
- Dave Annable & Melissa George Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Heart Matters’
- Daniel Stern To Star In ‘Strange Calls'; Colm Feore Joins ‘The Kingmakers’