Comedy Central has passed on the pilot Playing With Guns. This is the second time the Varsity Pictures/Lionsgate TV project about two buddies-turned-cops has found itself in that position. Last year, it went to pilot at Spike TV but wasn’t picked up to series. Then early this year, Spike’s sister Viacom network, Comedy Central, greenlighted to pilot a retooled version of the show with Ethan Suplee joining original star Danny Masterson as the second lead. Playing With Guns was one of three pilots in serious consideration at the network, along with The Nick Show Kroll and an untitled series starring MadTV alum Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The last two were picked up to series last month.
'Playing With Guns' Not Going Forward At Comedy Central; Can It Cheat Death Again?
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Latest TV News
- Michelle Obama’s DNC Speech Praises Clinton, Dumps On Trump – And Ignores Melania
- Funny Or Die Video Dresses Down Donald Trump At Democratic Convention
- Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters “Ridiculous”; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC…
- ‘Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Casts Lilli Birdsell In Recurring Role For Season 4
- ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 3 Premiere Sets Ratings Record For Starz Comedy
- Michael Clemente Exits Fox News