Director Adrian Noble has confirmed a rumor kicking around stage circles for weeks: that he is turning the Best Picture Oscar-winning The King’s Speech into a stage play. This is not going to be a difficult transition. As Seidler told Deadline right after last year’s Toronto International Film Festival, he turned his long-gestating script into a play as an exercise to help him finish and get it noticed. A reading was held, and that is where director Tom Hooper’s parents heard it, then told Hooper they’d found his next project. It took Hooper some time to get around to reading it because he was working on the HBO miniseries John Adams. But they were right.
Oscar Winner 'The King's Speech' Making Stage Turn
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns': Video
- Steve Carell, Charlie Kaufman Lock 'I.Q. 83′; Viral Outbreak Dumbs Down World
- 'John Wick' Partners PalmStar & Thunder Road Make $200 Million Slate Financing Deal