EXCLUSIVE: Steven Soderbergh’s hunkfest Magic Mike is finally getting something that has so far been missing: actresses. Olivia Munn is negotiating to play the role of Amber, the love interest to Channing Tatum, who plays Magic Mike. She’ll join Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey, Matt Bomer and True Blood‘s Joe Mangianello. All of them play male strippers in the coming-of-age story that revolves around the relationship between a veteran dancer (Tatum) and his protege (Pettyfer). The film is based on experiences Tatum actually had when he was a teenage dancer. As for Munn, she next stars opposite Sarah Jessica Parker in I Don’t Know How She Does It for The Weinstein Company, as well as the Aaron Sorkin HBO pilot More As the Story Develops. Munn continues as a correspondent on The Daily Show and she just shot the indie Babymakers, co-starring with Paul Schneider. CAA and Mosaic rep Munn.
Olivia Munn Joins 'Magic Mike'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Naomi Watts To Star In Psychological Thriller ‘The Wolf Hour’
- WME Signs ‘Vicious Dogs’ Director Alex Eslam
- IDA Grants $850G To 11 Documentaries; ‘Blue Wall’, ‘Hazing’ Among Picks
- ‘Hangman’ Trailer: Al Pacino Plays Deadly Game With Serial Killer
- Tribeca’s Through Her Lens Selects ‘Suicide By Sunlight’ For Funding
- China Box Office Poised To Hit $8.31B In 2017, Regulator Forecasts