EXCLUSIVE: Steven Soderbergh’s hunkfest Magic Mike is finally getting something that has so far been missing: actresses. Olivia Munn is negotiating to play the role of Amber, the love interest to Channing Tatum, who plays Magic Mike. She’ll join Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey, Matt Bomer and True Blood‘s Joe Mangianello. All of them play male strippers in the coming-of-age story that revolves around the relationship between a veteran dancer (Tatum) and his protege (Pettyfer). The film is based on experiences Tatum actually had when he was a teenage dancer. As for Munn, she next stars opposite Sarah Jessica Parker in I Don’t Know How She Does It for The Weinstein Company, as well as the Aaron Sorkin HBO pilot More As the Story Develops. Munn continues as a correspondent on The Daily Show and she just shot the indie Babymakers, co-starring with Paul Schneider. CAA and Mosaic rep Munn.
Olivia Munn Joins 'Magic Mike'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Reservoir Dogs’ Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He “Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out”…
- WGA & AMPTP Talks To Resume On Sunday As Contract Deadline Looms
- Tom Hanks Rocks Bruce Springsteen, After Saluting Jonathan Demme – Tribeca
- ‘How To Be A Latin Lover’ Review: Mexico’s Eugenio Derbez Has Star Appeal, But Lame Comedy Throws It…
- Jonas Bloquet Joins New Line’s ‘The Nun’
- ‘A Gray State’ Director Erik Nelson On David Crowley Doc As A “Core Sample Of American Crazy”…