Not than anyone has any doubts that Jennifer Lopez will return to Fox’s American Idol next season, but the show’s executive producer Nigel Lythgoe today became the first person associated with Idol to confirm her return on the record. “I believe we’re still waiting for the official announcement, but I am delighted to say that all three judges, along with the brilliant host of American Idol, is back for the next season,” Lythgoe said on Idol host Ryan Seacrest’s radio show this morning. That official announcement is yet to come because Lopez’s deal is still being finalized. As for her compensation, it is going up, from $12 million to $15 million-$20 million next season.
Nigel Lythgoe: JLo Is Returning To 'Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Pacing Behind 'Ultron' But Still Super With $178M-$188M Opening - Box Office
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
Latest TV News
- ‘American Gods’: Starz Series To Recast Mad Sweeney Role, Changes DP
- ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ & ‘#RichKids Of Beverly Hills’ Ratings Up In Live+3
- ‘Ray Donovan’ Season 4 Trailer: They’re After His Family, And He’s After Retribution
- Cinco de Mayo Revelry Take Bite Out Of CBS’s ‘The Big Bang Theory’
- ‘Feed The Beast’: AMC Moves Premiere Date To Follow ‘Preacher’
- Sumner Redstone Trial: "Severely Impaired" Mogul Suffering From Dementia, Doctor Tells Court