Not than anyone has any doubts that Jennifer Lopez will return to Fox’s American Idol next season, but the show’s executive producer Nigel Lythgoe today became the first person associated with Idol to confirm her return on the record. “I believe we’re still waiting for the official announcement, but I am delighted to say that all three judges, along with the brilliant host of American Idol, is back for the next season,” Lythgoe said on Idol host Ryan Seacrest’s radio show this morning. That official announcement is yet to come because Lopez’s deal is still being finalized. As for her compensation, it is going up, from $12 million to $15 million-$20 million next season.
Nigel Lythgoe: JLo Is Returning To 'Idol'
What's Hot on Deadline
Katniss Rules Wednesday On Track For $78M-$80M 5-Day; 'Good Dinosaur' Eyes $58M-$62M; 'Creed' Punching $39M-$42M
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest TV News
- ‘Luther’ Trailer: Idris Elba Returns To Track A New Serial Killer
- ‘Empire’ Ratings Unsurprisingly Down On Thanksgiving Eve, ‘Code Black’ Rises
- NBC’s Thanksgiving Parade Coverage Launches With Gloria Estefan Musical ‘On Your Feet!’
- History UK To Premiere Exclusive Documentary On Paris Attacks
- ‘Second Chance’ Trailer: Basically The Six Million Dollar Scrooge
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas