When NFL teams win the Super Bowl, they go to Disneyland; when celebrities go to jail, they get a reality show. VH1 just announced it has greenlighted a new 10-episode reality series starring rapper T.I., who is readjusting to life as a free man and recording a new album after being incarcerated for nearly a year in a federal prison in Arkansas — his second stint in three years. The yet-untitled series will premiere Dec. 5. Grammy-winning T.I., who has a wife and kids, has an acting background — he co-starred in and produced the Sony heist movie Takers, which did very well at the box office, opening at No. 1 last August. A couple of days later, T.I. was arrested.
Newly Free Rapper T.I. Gets VH1 Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets