It was the first of MTV’s new generation of scripted series. Now The Hard Times of RJ Berger has been canceled after two seasons, series co-creator Seth Grahame-Smith tweeted earlier today. The series, which Grahame-Smith co-created with David Katzenberg, launched with 2.8 million viewers last year when it aired after the MTV Movie Awards. Its second-season premiere hit a series high of 3.1 million viewers airing behind Jersey Shore. But by the end of the second-season run in May, the series’ viewership had dropped below 1 million. RJ Berger, which stars Paul Iacono as a well-endowed high-school student, is the second MTV scripted series to be canceled following the axing of Skins after one season. Teen Wolf has been renewed for a second season, and new comedy Awkward appears a lock for a second-season renewal after hitting a series high in persons 12-34 this week. Coming up is the premiere of Death Valley on Aug. 29 and a post-Video Music Awards sneak of I Just Want My Pants Back, and the October launch of animated comedies Beavis and Butt-head and Good Vibes. The Inbetweeners is in production for a 2012 debut.
MTV Cancels 'Hard Times Of RJ Berger'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Pacing Behind 'Ultron' But Still Super With $178M-$188M Opening - Box Office
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
Latest TV News
- Sumner Redstone Trial: Judge Says He’ll Consider Dismissal Over The Weekend
- Kiefer Sutherland ABC Drama ‘Designated Survivor’ Gets Formal Series Pickup, First Trailer; Eyes Jon Feldman…
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Path’ Is Not “The Scientology Show” Says Creator…
- ABC Nears ‘Castle’ Renewal Decision For Season 9, Nathan Fillion Set To Return
- ‘American Gods’: Starz Series To Recast Mad Sweeney Role, Changes DP
- FCC Approves Charter’s Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable