It was the first of MTV’s new generation of scripted series. Now The Hard Times of RJ Berger has been canceled after two seasons, series co-creator Seth Grahame-Smith tweeted earlier today. The series, which Grahame-Smith co-created with David Katzenberg, launched with 2.8 million viewers last year when it aired after the MTV Movie Awards. Its second-season premiere hit a series high of 3.1 million viewers airing behind Jersey Shore. But by the end of the second-season run in May, the series’ viewership had dropped below 1 million. RJ Berger, which stars Paul Iacono as a well-endowed high-school student, is the second MTV scripted series to be canceled following the axing of Skins after one season. Teen Wolf has been renewed for a second season, and new comedy Awkward appears a lock for a second-season renewal after hitting a series high in persons 12-34 this week. Coming up is the premiere of Death Valley on Aug. 29 and a post-Video Music Awards sneak of I Just Want My Pants Back, and the October launch of animated comedies Beavis and Butt-head and Good Vibes. The Inbetweeners is in production for a 2012 debut.
MTV Cancels 'Hard Times Of RJ Berger'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Andreeva
- Briga Heelan To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘How We Live’
- Dave Annable & Melissa George Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Heart Matters’
- Daniel Stern To Star In ‘Strange Calls'; Colm Feore Joins ‘The Kingmakers’
- Patrick Warburton To Star In Suzanne Martin NBC Comedy Pilot
- Eileen Ford Bio ‘Model Woman’ Optioned By Sony TV For Series From KJ Steinberg
- Elliott Gould Cast In CBS’ Pilot ‘Doubt'; Lacey Chabert In ABC’s ‘Family Fortune’