EXCLUSIVE: Mike O’Malley, who is a series regular on Glee and a writer on Showtime’s Shameless, has just been cast in Universal’s supernatural comedy R.I.P.D., which stars Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds in a movie based on the Peter Lenkov comic that centers on a police force made up of undead cops. The Robert Schwentke-directed film has been slated for a June 28, 2013 release. O’Malley, who begins shooting his scenes next week, will play Elliot, a kind of ghost. He is repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Mike O'Malley Added To 'R.I.P.D.' Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Review: Matt Damon Is Back On The Run – And That’s A Very Good Thing
- Rosamund Pike, Daniel Bruhl & Vincent Cassel In Talks To Board Jose Padilha’s ‘Entebbe’
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ Casts Young Newcomer Philip Zhou
- Tribeca Winner ‘Here Alone’ To Get Early 2017 Release Via Vertical Entertainment
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings