EXCLUSIVE: Matt Dillon has been set to co-star in Imogene, joining Kristen Wiig and Annette Bening in the indie comedy that started shooting this week in New York. Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini are directing, and Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray’s Maven Pictures is producing with Anonymous Cntent’s Alix Madigan and Steve Golin. Dillon plays the eccentric love interest of Bening’s character. He claims to be in the CIA, but his behavior suggests he just might be crazy. In the Michelle Morgan-scripted comedy, Wiig plays a playwright who stages a fake suicide attempt in reaction to the triple-whammy of losing her job, getting evicted and getting dumped by her boyfriend. She hopes to gain sympathy from her ex, but instead is consigned to return to the home of her gambling addict mother (Bening). Dillon last starred in Takers and guested on Modern Family. He’d been expected to star with Brendan Fraser and William H. Macy in the Charlie Matthau-directed Elmore Leonard novel adaptation Freaky Deaky, but when Fraser dropped out of that due to personal reasons, the other actors followed, and that film will now star Christian Slater, Billy Burke, and Crispin Glover. Dillon is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Matt Dillon Set For Indie Comedy 'Imogene'
What's Hot on Deadline
NY Times Responds To Bill O'Reilly Spokesman's Claims That They "Maliciously Smeared" Ex-Fox News Host — Updated
Latest Film News
- ‘Kingsman’ Tops $250M Overseas On $40M China Bow; ‘IT’s At $650M+ WW; ‘DM3’ Catches ‘Dory’ – International…
- ‘Get Out’ Director Jordan Peele On Divisiveness, Black Identity & The “White Savior”
- ‘Guardians’ Director James Gunn Warned Women About James Toback: “I Couldn’t Stop Him”
- Hollywood Reacts To James Toback Allegations: “Damn You”, “A Disgrace”
- ‘The Killing Of A Sacred Deer' Slays Weekend; Doc ‘Jane’ Bows Solid – Specialty Box Office
- Director James Toback Accused Of Sexual Harassment By 38 Women – Report