EXCLUSIVE: Matt Dillon has been set to co-star in Imogene, joining Kristen Wiig and Annette Bening in the indie comedy that started shooting this week in New York. Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini are directing, and Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray’s Maven Pictures is producing with Anonymous Cntent’s Alix Madigan and Steve Golin. Dillon plays the eccentric love interest of Bening’s character. He claims to be in the CIA, but his behavior suggests he just might be crazy. In the Michelle Morgan-scripted comedy, Wiig plays a playwright who stages a fake suicide attempt in reaction to the triple-whammy of losing her job, getting evicted and getting dumped by her boyfriend. She hopes to gain sympathy from her ex, but instead is consigned to return to the home of her gambling addict mother (Bening). Dillon last starred in Takers and guested on Modern Family. He’d been expected to star with Brendan Fraser and William H. Macy in the Charlie Matthau-directed Elmore Leonard novel adaptation Freaky Deaky, but when Fraser dropped out of that due to personal reasons, the other actors followed, and that film will now star Christian Slater, Billy Burke, and Crispin Glover. Dillon is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Matt Dillon Set For Indie Comedy 'Imogene'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
'Furious 7' Hits $320.5M, 'Adaline' Lures Ladies: The Calm Before 'Age Of Ultron' Conquers - Final Sunday B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- “Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck’ Rocks Specialty Box Office
- ‘Furious 7′ Crosses $1B Overseas; Passes ‘T4′ In China As Top-Grossing Film Ever
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Blasts Off With $201.2M At International Box Office
- ‘King Jack’, ‘TransFatty Lives’ Take Top Audience Honors At Tribeca Film Festival
- Michael Bay Releases First ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′ Pics
- Christian Bale Knee Injury Means ‘The Deep Blue Good-by’ Will Follow ‘Wolverine 3′