EXCLUSIVE: Matt Dillon has been set to co-star in Imogene, joining Kristen Wiig and Annette Bening in the indie comedy that started shooting this week in New York. Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini are directing, and Trudie Styler and Celine Rattray’s Maven Pictures is producing with Anonymous Cntent’s Alix Madigan and Steve Golin. Dillon plays the eccentric love interest of Bening’s character. He claims to be in the CIA, but his behavior suggests he just might be crazy. In the Michelle Morgan-scripted comedy, Wiig plays a playwright who stages a fake suicide attempt in reaction to the triple-whammy of losing her job, getting evicted and getting dumped by her boyfriend. She hopes to gain sympathy from her ex, but instead is consigned to return to the home of her gambling addict mother (Bening). Dillon last starred in Takers and guested on Modern Family. He’d been expected to star with Brendan Fraser and William H. Macy in the Charlie Matthau-directed Elmore Leonard novel adaptation Freaky Deaky, but when Fraser dropped out of that due to personal reasons, the other actors followed, and that film will now star Christian Slater, Billy Burke, and Crispin Glover. Dillon is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Matt Dillon Set For Indie Comedy 'Imogene'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
More From Fleming Jr
- Netflix Outbidding Movie Buyers? Near Whopping Deal For ‘Beasts Of No Nation’
- Jennifer Lawrence, Steven Spielberg & Warner Bros Land War Photog Memoir ‘It’s What I Do’
- Drew Goddard Meeting To Script, Helm New ‘Spider-Man’
- Weinstein Gobbles McDonald’s ‘Founder’ Pic; Michael Keaton Starring
- Luc Besson Finds New Action Hero? EuropaCorp Sets Sullivan Stapleton For ‘The Lake’
- IM Global & Republic Records Team On Bille Woodruff-Helmed ‘Rollin’ Thunder’