PBS has picked up Endeavour, a prequel of the long-running series Inspector Morse, to air on Masterpiece Mystery next year, which marks the 25th anniversary of the series’ 1987 premiere. The prequel — the title, Endeavour, is a reference to Morse’s first name — stars British actor Shaun Evans (Ashes to Ashes), who will step into John Thaw’s shoes to play the younger version of Colin Dexter’s iconic character. Set in 1965, the story follows the hunt for a missing schoolgirl, which draws Endeavour Morse back to the place that will ultimately shape and define his destiny: Oxford. “Inspector Morse was one of my favorite detectives,” Masterpiece executive producer Rebecca Eaton said. “Shaun Evans has a similar depth and quiet charm. I can’t wait to see his Endeavour.” Another Inspector Morse offshoot, the series Inspector Lewis starring Kevin Whately in the role he originated in Inspector Morse, also airs on Mastepiece, with four new episodes slated to begin Sept. 4. Written by Russell Lewis, Endeavour is a co-production of ITV Studios Prods and Masterpiece.
Masterpiece To Air 'Inspector Morse' Prequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'