PBS has picked up Endeavour, a prequel of the long-running series Inspector Morse, to air on Masterpiece Mystery next year, which marks the 25th anniversary of the series’ 1987 premiere. The prequel — the title, Endeavour, is a reference to Morse’s first name — stars British actor Shaun Evans (Ashes to Ashes), who will step into John Thaw’s shoes to play the younger version of Colin Dexter’s iconic character. Set in 1965, the story follows the hunt for a missing schoolgirl, which draws Endeavour Morse back to the place that will ultimately shape and define his destiny: Oxford. “Inspector Morse was one of my favorite detectives,” Masterpiece executive producer Rebecca Eaton said. “Shaun Evans has a similar depth and quiet charm. I can’t wait to see his Endeavour.” Another Inspector Morse offshoot, the series Inspector Lewis starring Kevin Whately in the role he originated in Inspector Morse, also airs on Mastepiece, with four new episodes slated to begin Sept. 4. Written by Russell Lewis, Endeavour is a co-production of ITV Studios Prods and Masterpiece.
Masterpiece To Air 'Inspector Morse' Prequel
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- PBS’ ‘The Talk’ Panel: The Issue Of Police Violence Front And Center – TCA
- Corporate Lawyers: Best Friend To Stephen Colbert Fans?
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Scandal’ POTUS Tony Goldwyn Gives American History Lesson In DNC Video
- ‘Victoria’ Producers & Cast Talk Story, Long-Term Potential & Filling That ‘Downton Abbey’ Slot…
- ‘Empire’ & Fox Beat $10M Copyright Suit From “Gangsta Pimp”s Memoir & Script