In her first producing effort since leaving as chairman of the MGM Worldwide Motion Picture Group, Mary Parent has come aboard as producer of Pacific Rim, Legendary Pictures’ big-budget action film that Guillermo del Toro will begin shooting in November. Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Idris Elba star. Parent joins Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashini as producer, with del Toro also producing. Parent has been prepping the film for the past month. After exiting MGM, she started Disruption Entertainment and made a first-look deal at Paramount., But Legendary has plenty of movies prepping and they needed an experienced hand on the ground on location in Toronto. Parent’s Disruption execs, Cale Boyter and Luke Ryan, continue to develop projects, but Parent had the time and lends an experienced hand to a tent pole pic.
Mary Parent Producing Legendary's Guillermo Del Toro-Produced 'Pacific Rim'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Gemma Arteton Says “There Is So Much More To Do” In #MeToo Campaign – BAFTA Awards
- 'The Party' Has Lively Bow; 'Detective Chinatown 2' Wins Chinese New Year Race: Specialty Box Office
- Bosnian Actor & Berlin Award Winner Nazif Mujić Passes Away
- Imogen Poots Drama ‘Mobile Homes’ Gets U.S. Release With Dark Star – Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $361M WW – International Box Office
- STXinternational Selling Out On Hot ‘Killer’s Game’, ‘Marsh King’s Daughter’, ‘Finest Kind…