In her first producing effort since leaving as chairman of the MGM Worldwide Motion Picture Group, Mary Parent has come aboard as producer of Pacific Rim, Legendary Pictures’ big-budget action film that Guillermo del Toro will begin shooting in November. Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Idris Elba star. Parent joins Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashini as producer, with del Toro also producing. Parent has been prepping the film for the past month. After exiting MGM, she started Disruption Entertainment and made a first-look deal at Paramount., But Legendary has plenty of movies prepping and they needed an experienced hand on the ground on location in Toronto. Parent’s Disruption execs, Cale Boyter and Luke Ryan, continue to develop projects, but Parent had the time and lends an experienced hand to a tent pole pic.
Mary Parent Producing Legendary's Guillermo Del Toro-Produced 'Pacific Rim'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest Film News
- Popular Japanese Title ‘Attack On Titan’ Eyed By Warner Bros. For ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Producer…
- Harris Dickinson To Star In Fox’s YA Adaptation Of ‘Darkest Minds’
- ‘Dayveon’ Clip: First Look At Sundance NEXT Opener From First-Time Director Amman Abbasi
- Paul Dano Set In Drama ‘7500,’ Marks Feature Helming Debut Of Patrick Vollrath
- ‘Wish Upon’, Broad Green’s Horror Film, Gets Summer 2017 Release Date
- ‘Split’ And ‘xXx’ Merge Into Market While ‘The Founder’ May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic – Box…