In the latest sign that The Weather Channel has original programming in its forecast, the network has hired Scripps Networks exec Mary Ellen Iwata for the newly created position of VP Original Content and Development. She will be based in New York and tasked with developing, commissioning and acquiring original programming. Iwata was brought aboard by Michael Dingley, who recently joined as SVP Content and Development; the pair worked together at HGTV. Those moves follow the appointment of The Weather Channel EVP and GM Bob Walker, who was brought aboard last month to help spearhead the original programming lineup.
Mary Ellen Iwata Joins Weather Channel
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake