In the latest sign that The Weather Channel has original programming in its forecast, the network has hired Scripps Networks exec Mary Ellen Iwata for the newly created position of VP Original Content and Development. She will be based in New York and tasked with developing, commissioning and acquiring original programming. Iwata was brought aboard by Michael Dingley, who recently joined as SVP Content and Development; the pair worked together at HGTV. Those moves follow the appointment of The Weather Channel EVP and GM Bob Walker, who was brought aboard last month to help spearhead the original programming lineup.
Mary Ellen Iwata Joins Weather Channel
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video