In the latest sign that The Weather Channel has original programming in its forecast, the network has hired Scripps Networks exec Mary Ellen Iwata for the newly created position of VP Original Content and Development. She will be based in New York and tasked with developing, commissioning and acquiring original programming. Iwata was brought aboard by Michael Dingley, who recently joined as SVP Content and Development; the pair worked together at HGTV. Those moves follow the appointment of The Weather Channel EVP and GM Bob Walker, who was brought aboard last month to help spearhead the original programming lineup.
Mary Ellen Iwata Joins Weather Channel
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"
- Donald Trump Recruits H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser
- NBA All-Star Game Nets 7.8 Million Total Viewers Across TNT & TBS
- Milo Yiannopoulos Uninvited From Keynoting At Conservative Confab In Washington
- Keith Cox To Be Promoted To President Of Development For The Paramount Network & TV Land, Sharon Levy Expected To Exit
- Susannah Flood Joins ABC’s Shondaland Pilot; Swoosie Kurtz In ‘Charlie Foxtrot’