EXCLUSIVE: Veteran marketing executive Alan Daniels is embarking on his third stint at Sony Pictures TV. I hear Daniels has rejoined the studio as SVP, Sales Planning, U.S. Distribution, coordinating all marketing on the distribution side. In an interesting twist, I hear the newly created position reports to Sony TV’s president of distribution John Weiser, not Kim Hatamiya, EVP, Marketing, Sony Pictures TV International, who oversees marketing for all TV divisions of the company. Daniels, a 20-plus Sony TV veteran, served as SVP of marketing and No.2 to former SPT president of marketing Bob Oswaks until 2009 when he departed in the first wave of layoffs at Sony Pictures Entertainment. Daniels was then brought back in April 2010, immediately following Oswaks’ abrupt exit, for a consulting gig that ended in December.
Marketing Executive Alan Daniels Returns To Sony Television As SVP
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot