EXCLUSIVE: Veteran marketing executive Alan Daniels is embarking on his third stint at Sony Pictures TV. I hear Daniels has rejoined the studio as SVP, Sales Planning, U.S. Distribution, coordinating all marketing on the distribution side. In an interesting twist, I hear the newly created position reports to Sony TV’s president of distribution John Weiser, not Kim Hatamiya, EVP, Marketing, Sony Pictures TV International, who oversees marketing for all TV divisions of the company. Daniels, a 20-plus Sony TV veteran, served as SVP of marketing and No.2 to former SPT president of marketing Bob Oswaks until 2009 when he departed in the first wave of layoffs at Sony Pictures Entertainment. Daniels was then brought back in April 2010, immediately following Oswaks’ abrupt exit, for a consulting gig that ended in December.
Marketing Executive Alan Daniels Returns To Sony Television As SVP
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow