EXCLUSIVE: Veteran marketing executive Alan Daniels is embarking on his third stint at Sony Pictures TV. I hear Daniels has rejoined the studio as SVP, Sales Planning, U.S. Distribution, coordinating all marketing on the distribution side. In an interesting twist, I hear the newly created position reports to Sony TV’s president of distribution John Weiser, not Kim Hatamiya, EVP, Marketing, Sony Pictures TV International, who oversees marketing for all TV divisions of the company. Daniels, a 20-plus Sony TV veteran, served as SVP of marketing and No.2 to former SPT president of marketing Bob Oswaks until 2009 when he departed in the first wave of layoffs at Sony Pictures Entertainment. Daniels was then brought back in April 2010, immediately following Oswaks’ abrupt exit, for a consulting gig that ended in December.
Marketing Executive Alan Daniels Returns To Sony Television As SVP
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline