EXCLUSIVE: Veteran marketing executive Alan Daniels is embarking on his third stint at Sony Pictures TV. I hear Daniels has rejoined the studio as SVP, Sales Planning, U.S. Distribution, coordinating all marketing on the distribution side. In an interesting twist, I hear the newly created position reports to Sony TV’s president of distribution John Weiser, not Kim Hatamiya, EVP, Marketing, Sony Pictures TV International, who oversees marketing for all TV divisions of the company. Daniels, a 20-plus Sony TV veteran, served as SVP of marketing and No.2 to former SPT president of marketing Bob Oswaks until 2009 when he departed in the first wave of layoffs at Sony Pictures Entertainment. Daniels was then brought back in April 2010, immediately following Oswaks’ abrupt exit, for a consulting gig that ended in December.
Marketing Executive Alan Daniels Returns To Sony Television As SVP
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'