EXCLUSIVE: Hollywood has been wondering exactly when Simon Cowell’s The X Factor debuting on Fox this fall would start adding some celebrity glitz. Now I’ve learned it’s coming soon. The X Factor judges will have one superstar work in each panelist’s respective home to whip their contestants into shape for the show. And Simon Cowell is in final negotiations to have Mariah Carey as his personal pick to mentor his contestants from his house. “He’s still finalizing her deal,” an insider tells me. The X Factor is pulling out all the stops to draw in other superstars as mentors. Contacts are being made now with “the Beyoncés, the Rihannas, all of them.” the insider tells me. The X Factor‘s UK original series reportedly has signed up Usher as a mentor. Mariah’s name has been mentioned in connection with the U.S. show from the beginning but her twins pregnancy prevented her from being one of the judges. This is an interesting way for her and other music pros to be showcased. The result is that The X Factor could outglitz both The Voice and American Idol by combining the best elements from each. The series will air Tuesday and Wednesday nights each week beginning September 21st.
Mariah Carey To Mentor Simon Cowell's Contestants As 'X Factor' Adds Star Power
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA