The usual bustle in the streets and sidewalks around New York’s famed Rockefeller Plaza was halted for about an hour this afternoon after an unidentified man scaled the glass wall of the building’s 66th-story observation deck and threatened to jump. Police and fire officials blocked off parts of 5th Avenue and West 50th St. as the man perched on the building’s ledge; he eventually surrendered to authorities, but not before throwing several items to the street below. An NBC producer told the New York Daily News that 30 Rock’s most famous tenant, NBC, had a live feed of the scene showing in one of the network’s newsrooms. “The office was incapable of working once we caught wind of this guy,” he said.
Man Threatens To Jump Off New York's 30 Rock Before Surrendering
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series