The usual bustle in the streets and sidewalks around New York’s famed Rockefeller Plaza was halted for about an hour this afternoon after an unidentified man scaled the glass wall of the building’s 66th-story observation deck and threatened to jump. Police and fire officials blocked off parts of 5th Avenue and West 50th St. as the man perched on the building’s ledge; he eventually surrendered to authorities, but not before throwing several items to the street below. An NBC producer told the New York Daily News that 30 Rock’s most famous tenant, NBC, had a live feed of the scene showing in one of the network’s newsrooms. “The office was incapable of working once we caught wind of this guy,” he said.
Man Threatens To Jump Off New York's 30 Rock Before Surrendering
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'