The usual bustle in the streets and sidewalks around New York’s famed Rockefeller Plaza was halted for about an hour this afternoon after an unidentified man scaled the glass wall of the building’s 66th-story observation deck and threatened to jump. Police and fire officials blocked off parts of 5th Avenue and West 50th St. as the man perched on the building’s ledge; he eventually surrendered to authorities, but not before throwing several items to the street below. An NBC producer told the New York Daily News that 30 Rock’s most famous tenant, NBC, had a live feed of the scene showing in one of the network’s newsrooms. “The office was incapable of working once we caught wind of this guy,” he said.
Man Threatens To Jump Off New York's 30 Rock Before Surrendering
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘The Punisher’ Drops New Trailer In Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘Outlander’ Surprises Fans With Screening Of Season 3 Debut – Comic-Con
- ‘Descendants 2’: Bobby Moynihan Is Voice of Dude The Dog
- ‘The Gifted’ Cast Unveils New Extended Trailer With All-New Mutant-Filled Footage — Comic-Con
- Bill Lawrence Unharmed After Plane Crash In New York City
- ‘The Orville’: Charlize Theron Confirmed To Guest Star In Seth MacFarlane’s Fox Series