The usual bustle in the streets and sidewalks around New York’s famed Rockefeller Plaza was halted for about an hour this afternoon after an unidentified man scaled the glass wall of the building’s 66th-story observation deck and threatened to jump. Police and fire officials blocked off parts of 5th Avenue and West 50th St. as the man perched on the building’s ledge; he eventually surrendered to authorities, but not before throwing several items to the street below. An NBC producer told the New York Daily News that 30 Rock’s most famous tenant, NBC, had a live feed of the scene showing in one of the network’s newsrooms. “The office was incapable of working once we caught wind of this guy,” he said.
Man Threatens To Jump Off New York's 30 Rock Before Surrendering
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest TV News
- 'The Man In The High Castle' EP Frank Spotnitz Addresses Stepping Down As Showrunner From Amazon Series
- Vice Media Ups Ciel Hunter To Head Of Content; Fusion Promotes Three Content Execs
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Man In The High Castle’ EPs Talk How Amazon Alt-History Series Reflects “Our World”…
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Bryan Cranston & Anthony Mackie Talk LBJ, MLK Jr & HBO’s ‘All The Way…
- Comedy Writer Niki Schwartz-Wright Inks 20th TV Overall Deal, Joins ‘Speechless’
- ‘Young & Hungry’ Spinoff: Steve Talley Set As Male Lead, Ryan Pinkston Cast, Title & Other…