The usual bustle in the streets and sidewalks around New York’s famed Rockefeller Plaza was halted for about an hour this afternoon after an unidentified man scaled the glass wall of the building’s 66th-story observation deck and threatened to jump. Police and fire officials blocked off parts of 5th Avenue and West 50th St. as the man perched on the building’s ledge; he eventually surrendered to authorities, but not before throwing several items to the street below. An NBC producer told the New York Daily News that 30 Rock’s most famous tenant, NBC, had a live feed of the scene showing in one of the network’s newsrooms. “The office was incapable of working once we caught wind of this guy,” he said.
Man Threatens To Jump Off New York's 30 Rock Before Surrendering
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Emma Thompson Slings Meat Pies As 'Sweeney Todd' Launches Commercial Partnership With English National Opera
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run