UPDATE: The feature film Fireflies in the Garden was shot in 2007 and had been languishing. But today producers Vanessa Coifman, Marco Weber, and Sukee Chew said they’ll finally release the film domestically. Written and directed by Dennis Lee, the semi-autobiographical R-rated Fireflies will be shown on Oct. 14 in New York, LA, Chicago, and San Francisco. No name of the distributor, however. The film initially bowed at the Berlin International Film Festival in 2008 from Senator Entertainment and was released in a handful of foreign territories. But with stars like Julia Roberts and Ryan Reynolds joining Willem Dafoe, Emily Watson, and Carrie-Anne Moss, the producers obviously are hoping it will find a U.S. audience.
Julia Roberts-Ryan Reynolds Family Drama 'Fireflies' Will Finally Have U.S. Bow
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest Film News
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris
- Warner Bros Touts $1B ‘Conjuring’ Universe With ‘Annabelle: Creation’ Success
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Sony Pictures Hires Exec From Focus, Promotes Another Ahead Of Toronto
- David Mackenzie’s ‘Outlaw King’ Adds Billy Howle