UPDATE: The feature film Fireflies in the Garden was shot in 2007 and had been languishing. But today producers Vanessa Coifman, Marco Weber, and Sukee Chew said they’ll finally release the film domestically. Written and directed by Dennis Lee, the semi-autobiographical R-rated Fireflies will be shown on Oct. 14 in New York, LA, Chicago, and San Francisco. No name of the distributor, however. The film initially bowed at the Berlin International Film Festival in 2008 from Senator Entertainment and was released in a handful of foreign territories. But with stars like Julia Roberts and Ryan Reynolds joining Willem Dafoe, Emily Watson, and Carrie-Anne Moss, the producers obviously are hoping it will find a U.S. audience.
Julia Roberts-Ryan Reynolds Family Drama 'Fireflies' Will Finally Have U.S. Bow
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings