EXCLUSIVE: No announcements yet from either agency, but Oscar-winning director Jonathan Demme (Silence Of The Lambs) had been an ICM client for seven years. The iconclastic helmer works in film moving between indie projects and big studio productions, TV, and theater. For Demme, ICM put together Rachel Getting Married, the Jimmy Carter documentary Man From Plains, and The Manchurian Candidate. But recently Demme has been pursuing passion projects with less success. His Neil Young documentary has failed to find a distributor. His Bob Marley documentary was reconfigered by Stephen Bing following a dispute with Demme. And the latest two scripts that interested Demme, The Angriest Man In Brooklyn and Honeymoon With Harry, did not find a cast. (See my previous, De Niro Balks, Demme Walks, Movie Chalks.)
Jonathan Demme Leaves ICM for WME
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Film News
- ‘Shot Caller’ Review: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Plays A Game Of Survival In Gripping Prison…
- Blumhouse & Todd McFarlane Team For ‘Spawn’ Movie – Comic-Con
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's Hollywood Renaissance?
- ‘Dunkirk’ To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Hot At $27M+; ‘Valerian’ Falling To Earth With…
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’
- Kevin Spacey To Play Gore Vidal In Netflix Biopic