BREAKING: Jason Bateman is attached to star with Bridesmaids‘ Melissa McCarthy in the Universal comedy ID Theft. Bateman is producing the comedy with Scott Stuber. Script’s by The Pursuit of Happyness scribe Steve Conrad with Craig Mazin rewriting. The premise was originally for a guy who gets his identity stolen by another guy, and it was written for Bateman and another actor. That changed after Bateman saw McCarthy’s scene stealing role in the summer hit Universal comedy Bridesmaids and he pushed for her to be the identity thief. This is meant to be McCarthy’s first film when Mike & Molly goes on hiatus, shooting in April 2012. Bateman has become an increasingly industrious producer, most recently setting up a movie deal for Under the Banner Of Heaven, the drama based on the Jon Krakauer non fiction book that got set up at Warner Bros, with Ron Howard directing and Dustin Lance Black writing. Bateman is producing the Brian Grazer, Shannon Costello and Stephanie Davis.
Jason Bateman & Melissa McCarthy Team For Universal Comedy 'ID Theft'
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest Film News
- Indie Producer Big Beach Opens L.A. Outpost
- ‘Shallow Hal’ Actor Joshua Shintani Dead At 32
- Christmas Pic ’12/24′ Moves Forward With ZAG Joining 1492 & Ocean Blue
- Deadline’s The Contenders: Saoirse Ronan & Director John Crowley On How ‘Brooklyn’ Became A Personal Movie…
- ‘Frat Pack’ Producers Say Cast & Crew Have Been Paid After Delay – Updated
- Christopher McQuarrie Accepts ‘Mission: Impossible 6’