EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' Targets $60M+; 'Bad Moms' Gets Sassy With $2.65M; 'Nerve' Holds Steady - Box Office Saturday AM
Latest TV News
- ‘Killing Reagan’ Dodges Bill O’Reilly Book Controversy By Focusing On Six Months Surrounding…
- ‘Vice Principals’ Star Rebuffs Racism Criticism: “This Is What Casting Equality Looks Like”…
- ‘Insecure’ Creator & Star Issa Rae: No “Universal Way To Be Black” – TCA
- Katie Couric’s Nat Geo Documentary To Examine Gender Revolution – TCA
- Nat Geo Acquires Leonardo DiCaprio’s Climate Change Documentary – TCA
- Kathryn Bigelow’s VR Documentary Short On Ivory Poaching Set At Nat Geo Channel – TCA