EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
'Hawaii Five-0': Ian Anthony Dale Upped To Regular, Meaghan Rath & Beulah Koale Join Cast After Shake-Up
Latest TV News
- Christina Davis Exits As CBS Head Of Drama Development
- ‘Salvation’ Holds In Week 2, ‘Little Big Shots: Forever Young’ Ticks Down, Gordon Ramsay Shows Inch Up, ‘Big…
- O.J. Simpson Tells Parole Board: “Nobody Ever Accused Me of Pulling Any Weapon On Them”
- A&E Sets Return Date For ‘Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath’
- ‘The Originals’ To End After Season 5 On The CW
- Dick Van Dyke To Receive BAFTA’s Britannia Excellence In TV Award