EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sara Blaedel’s Louise Rick Crime Novels In Works As TV Series At Bron Studios
- LisaGay Hamilton Joins Beau Willimon’s ‘The First’
- ‘Salvation’ Summer Drama Series Renewed For Season 2 By CBS
- Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
- Marsha Thomason Scrubs In For ‘The Good Doctor’; Bahram Khosraviani Joins ‘The Brave’
- Chelsea Handler’s Netflix Talk Show To End After 2 Seasons; Comedian Sets Documentary