EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- CNN Weathers Presidential Campaign “Calm”
- Errol Barnett Joins CBS News As Washington D.C. Correspondent
- USA Network & Syfy Lay Off Employees In Wake Of Restructuring
- IFC Developing Unscripted Series Inspired By New York Magazine’s Vulture
- ‘Mirror’s Edge’ Video Game To Be Adapted As TV Series By Endemol Shine Studios
- MTV Sets ‘Scream After Dark!’ Aftershow Hosted By Jeffery Self