EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Developing Sexual Harassment Code Of Conduct
- Donald Trump Turns Down NBC’s Pre-Super Bowl Interview Invitation
- ‘NCIS’: Drew Carey To Guest Star In Veteran CBS Drama
- Univision Teaming With TV Academy, PGA, SAG-AFTRA & More On Diversity Initiative
- Lisa Edelstein To Topline ‘Confessions of a Sociopath’ Dramedy In Works At UCP, Recur On Netflix’s ‘The…
- ‘The 100’: Shannon Kook To Guest Star As Mystery Character In Season 5 Finale