EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
'Hawaii Five-0': Ian Anthony Dale Upped To Regular, Meaghan Rath & Beulah Koale Join Cast After Shake-Up
Jay Leno's Final 'Tonight Show': Obama Appoints Him Ambassador To Antarctica While Billy Crystal, Oprah Winfrey, Garth Brooks And More Serenade Host: Video
Latest TV News
- TV News Legal Pundits Predict Parole For O.J. Simpson At Today’s Hearing
- O.J. Simpson Documentary Special Set At A&E For October Premiere
- Ryan Seacrest Returns To Host ABC’s ‘American Idol’; Keeps ‘Kelly & Ryan’ Gig
- Deadline’s PMC, Hollywood Filmmakers & Sports Teams Back Launch Of National Heroes Day
- BBC Partners With James Corden’s Fulwell 73 For Live Music Show
- Evan Helmuth Dies: ‘The Devil Inside’ Actor Was 40