EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should "Suspend" Marshawn Lynch
Latest TV News
- E! Buys ‘Juicy Stories’ Dramedy From Michael Patrick King, Amy Harris & Juicy Couture Founders With…
- CBS And Dish Network Warn Of Potential Blackout If No Deal By Tonight
- YouTube Red Sets Jay Williams Docuseries ‘Best Shot’; LeBron James Among EPs
- ‘The Indian Detective’ Trailer: First Look & Premiere Date For Netflix’s Canadian Series Starring…
- Della Reese Dies: Music Legend & ‘Touched By An Angel Star’ Was 86
- ‘The L Word’ Sequel Taps Marja-Lewis Ryan As Showrunner At Showtime