EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBC Orders 'The Handmade Project' Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman
Latest TV News
- ‘Legion’ EP Noah Hawley On Tonight’s Finale, Season 2 & Patrick Stewart
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’ Head Writer A.D. Miles Exits
- CBS Entertainment President Glenn Geller On Medical Leave Through Upfronts
- Lindsey Kraft To Co-Star In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Living Biblically’
- Amazon Tuning Grateful Dead TV Series; ‘Straight Outta Compton’s Jonathan Herman To Write