EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest TV News
- Police Shooting Protest Delays NBA Hawks-Kings Game – Fans Turned Away
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Spinoff ‘Station 19’: How Creator Stacy McKee Is Stoking The Fire
- “Frivolous” AMC Ripped In ‘Walking Dead’ Suit By CAA & Frank Darabont, Again
- NBC's Diverse Late Night Writers Program Names 2018 Class
- Margot Robbie To Produce Female-Focused Shakespearean Drama Series With ‘Secrets & Lies’ Producer & ABC…
- DOJ’s Lead Witness Against AT&T Knocks Time Warner Deal But Gets Grilled: “You Should Have Done Some Homework”…