EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Warner Bros.’ Mike Darnell On Growing Slate, Expanding ‘The Bachelor’ Franchise, Possible ‘American Idol’ Return…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Aidan Gillen; Charlotte Riley Returns As May
- NBC To Broadcast 2018 Winter Olympics Live In All Time Zones
- WGA Strike Talk: Insiders Lay Out What’s At Stake
- Michael Phelps Will Swim With The Great Whites For Discovery Channel’s Shark Week – Upfronts
- NBC Orders ‘The Handmade Project’ Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman