EXCLUSIVE: Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming comedy series Whitney as a recurring. Created by Whitney Cummings, the multicamera comedy revolves around Whitney (Cummings) and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek will play Whitney’s outspoken mom who has been married several times. Beverly D’Angelo played the role in the pilot, and those scenes will now be reshot. Whitney premieres Sept. 22 in the plum post-Office Thursday slot. Kaczmarek, repped by ICM and Greenlight Management, earned seven consecutive lead comedy actress Emmy nominations for her role on Malcolm. After a drama stint on TNT’s Raising the Bar, she recently returned to comedy with a guest spot on last week’s episode of FX’s new irreverent comedy Wilfred.
Jane Kaczmarek Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Whitney'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Takes Wide View With Season 3 Key Art & BTS Video
- ‘The Gong Show’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On ABC
- CBS All Access Sets Premiere Date For ‘Strange Angel’
- ‘SciJinks’: Johnny Galecki’s Prank Show Gets Premiere Date On Science Channel – Watch The Promo
- Cheddar Comes To Hulu With Live Linear Network & More