First we heard last Friday, then we heard yesterday. Now the deadline for companies to make a bid in the auction for Hulu is Friday, with Yahoo, Google and Amazon among those looking closely at the online streaming video service owned by News Corp, Disney, Comcast and Providence Equity Partners. A source told Reuters that the extension was to give potential buyers more time to do their due diligence with Hulu’s financials. Bids are expected to come as high as $1.5 billion-$2 billion, but there are still questions about whether that price will be for the entire site or for bits and pieces, like its coveted license agreements with content providers.
Hulu Bid Deadline Extended To Friday
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’
- Kaitlyn Dever & Hannah Murray Joins Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit Riots Pic; Indie ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir…
- Kathryn Bigelow Adds Cast To Mark Boal-Scripted Detroit Movie
- Chris Parnell Enrolls In New Line’s ‘Life Of The Party’; Nicky Whelan Joins ‘Tragedy Girls’
- ‘Finding Steve McQueen’ Helmed By Mark Steven Johnson With Forest Whitaker, Travis Fimmel, Kate Bosworth, Others