Screen Gems has released a trailer for the fourth installment of its Underworld series. In Underworld: Awakening, Kate Beckinsale is back as the butt-kicking vampire, and this time she does it in 3D. The last installment, 2009’s Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, grossed $91 million worldwide. That was about $20 million less than the previous installment. Will the 3D spike a bigger gross because of the higher ticket price? The film opens in January.
Hot Trailer: 'Underworld: Awakening'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ethan Hawke At Sundance: Talks ‘Boyhood’, “Studios Are Making Less & Less Movies” & What Audiences Want To See - Video
More From Fleming Jr
- Nicole Kidman-Starrer ‘Strangerland’ Selling To Alchemy: Sundance
- A24 Closing On ‘The Witch': Sundance
- UPDATE: Relativity Sticks The Landing: $3 Million For Sundance Opener ‘The Bronze’
- Vertical Climbs Into Distribution With ‘Dial A Prayer’ Deal
- Tom Bernard, Luc Robitaille Among Those In Sunday Hockey Game: Sundance
- Warner Bros Plots ‘The Jetsons’ Animated Feature; Matt Lieberman Writing