Screen Gems has released a trailer for the fourth installment of its Underworld series. In Underworld: Awakening, Kate Beckinsale is back as the butt-kicking vampire, and this time she does it in 3D. The last installment, 2009’s Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, grossed $91 million worldwide. That was about $20 million less than the previous installment. Will the 3D spike a bigger gross because of the higher ticket price? The film opens in January.
Hot Trailer: 'Underworld: Awakening'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Takes U.S. Rights To Aardman & Studiocanal Animated Comedy ‘Early Man’
- Eugene Jarecki On His Journey Through The ‘Promised Land’ – Cannes Studio
- 24th amFAR Cannes Gala Raises $20 Million As Harvey Weinstein Vows To Bring Silicon Valley To The Fight Against Aids
- STXfilms Buys Amy Schumer Pic ‘I Feel Pretty’: Cannes
- M. Night Shyamalan On Rediscovering His Groove With Micro-Budget Blockbusters — Deadline Disruptors
- Universal Wins ‘Salt To The Sea’ Auction: Neustadter & Weber To Write