Hysteria is Tanya Wexler’s UK romantic comedy that revolves (among other things) around the invention of the vibrator during the Victorian age — apparently the device was used as a science-based antidote to certain mental maladies before it was discovered to have, well, ancillary value. Hugh Dancy and Maggie Gyllenhaal star along with Rupert Everett, Jonathan Pryce and Felicity Jones in the film, which will be looking for distribution at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it just won a Gala Presentation invite.
Hot Trailer: 'Hysteria'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
'SNL' Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M To $20M; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid-Teens
Latest Film News
- ‘Dead Pigs’ Director Cathy Yan On How Filmmaking & Reporting Are Similar – Sundance Studio
- ‘Ready Player One’ Teaser A Link To Secret Steven Spielberg & Ernest Cline Clip
- Bridey Elliott’s Feature Directorial Debut ‘Clara’s Ghost’ Was A True Family Affair…
- ‘Yardie’ Director Idris Elba On Amplifying The Film Adaptation – Sundance Studio
- Jim Hosking Takes On The Romantic Comedy Through ‘An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn’ — Sundance Studio
- Sony Worldwide Acquisitions Takes Foreign On ‘Leave No Trace’ – Sundance