Hysteria is Tanya Wexler’s UK romantic comedy that revolves (among other things) around the invention of the vibrator during the Victorian age — apparently the device was used as a science-based antidote to certain mental maladies before it was discovered to have, well, ancillary value. Hugh Dancy and Maggie Gyllenhaal star along with Rupert Everett, Jonathan Pryce and Felicity Jones in the film, which will be looking for distribution at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it just won a Gala Presentation invite.
Hot Trailer: 'Hysteria'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend With $20M; Auds Give $11M To 'Caesar' - Late Night B.O. Update
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest Film News
- ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ Rules Soft Super Bowl Weekend With $20M; Auds Give $11M To ‘Caesar’ – Late Night…
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Campaigns Turn Serious In The Race That Is TOO CLOSE TO CALL
- Ed Helms, Amanda Seyfried Lead Cast Of Comedy ‘The Clapper’
- Thai Prison Fighting Drama ‘Champion’ Coming From Storyscape & Pioneer