Hysteria is Tanya Wexler’s UK romantic comedy that revolves (among other things) around the invention of the vibrator during the Victorian age — apparently the device was used as a science-based antidote to certain mental maladies before it was discovered to have, well, ancillary value. Hugh Dancy and Maggie Gyllenhaal star along with Rupert Everett, Jonathan Pryce and Felicity Jones in the film, which will be looking for distribution at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it just won a Gala Presentation invite.
Hot Trailer: 'Hysteria'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hillary Clinton Vs. Donald Trump III: “Bad Hombres,” “Nasty Woman” "Rigged" Emmys & Celebrity Reactions
Latest Film News
- Gore Verbinski’s Creepy, Visually Stunning Trailer For ‘A Cure For Wellness’ Bows
- ‘La La Land’ Added As AFI Fest Centerpiece Gala
- Dana Brunetti On ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Battle With PGA: “It’s About The Principle”…
- Western Pic ‘Brimstone’ With Dakota Fanning, Guy Pearce & Kit Harington Gains Momentum
- Another Anti-Trump Documentary On Way: ‘You’ve Been Trumped Too’
- Tom Hardy Tackling Antarctic Explorer Ernest Shackleton In Studiocanal Epic