Hysteria is Tanya Wexler’s UK romantic comedy that revolves (among other things) around the invention of the vibrator during the Victorian age — apparently the device was used as a science-based antidote to certain mental maladies before it was discovered to have, well, ancillary value. Hugh Dancy and Maggie Gyllenhaal star along with Rupert Everett, Jonathan Pryce and Felicity Jones in the film, which will be looking for distribution at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it just won a Gala Presentation invite.
Hot Trailer: 'Hysteria'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- ‘Big Bad Wolves’ Helmers Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado Exit Bruce Willis ‘Death Wish’ Remake
- ‘The Shallows’ Trailer: Blake Lively Stranded In The Deep With Deadly Great White
- Paramount Sets Multi-Picture Deal With UK’s Locksmith Animation
- John Boyega To Star In ‘Woyzeck’ At Old Vic, Jack Thorne Adapting The Modern Classic
- European Box Office Sees Record $8.4B In 2015 Led By ‘Force’-ful Hollywood
- ‘Intouchables’ Helmers Reteaming For ‘C’est La Vie’ – Cannes