Hysteria is Tanya Wexler’s UK romantic comedy that revolves (among other things) around the invention of the vibrator during the Victorian age — apparently the device was used as a science-based antidote to certain mental maladies before it was discovered to have, well, ancillary value. Hugh Dancy and Maggie Gyllenhaal star along with Rupert Everett, Jonathan Pryce and Felicity Jones in the film, which will be looking for distribution at the Toronto International Film Festival, where it just won a Gala Presentation invite.
Hot Trailer: 'Hysteria'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Latest Film News
- Venice Film Fest Cancels Opening Night Gala In Solidarity With Italy Earthquake Victims
- Image Awards Set For February 11 On TV One
- Peter Bart: Remembering Arthur Hiller, The Director Who Loved Writers
- Fantastic Fest Sets ‘Arrival’ As Opening-Night Film
- TriStar Bets On DraftKings-FanDuel Saga As A Movie
- ‘Paradise Lost’ Director Joe Berlinger Joins IDA’s Board Of Directors