Fox and New Regency put up a trailer this weekend for In Time, the Andrew Niccol-directed futuristic science fiction thriller that takes place in a world where people who want to live beyond 25 have to purchase time. The protagonist’s clock is about to run out when a rich guy tired of living gives away his time. Niccol used a similar plot driver in his 1997 directorial debut Gattaca, where Ethan Hawke got the chance to escape his dreary home planet and got a shot at space travel despite inferior genetics when an elite athlete (Jude Law) whose body is ruined gives him his ticket off the planet. It worked well in that movie, and In Time gives Justin Timberlake an opportunity to move from romantic comedies to action terrain in a movie career that so far has been a pleasant surprise. Amanda Seyfried, Olivia Wilde and Cillian Murphy also star in a film that opens Oct. 28.
Hot Trailer: Andrew Niccol's 'In Time'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Latest Film News
- Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short ‘Sundays’ Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
- Oscars: Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Not Returning In 2016; Academy Starts New Producer Search
- All3Media Nearing Deal To Acquire Sam Mendes’ Neal Street Productions
- Talent Agency Launches Biz Development Arm Verve Ventures; Amy Beecroft Will Steer It
- ‘Dope’ Teaser Trailer: First Look At Sundance 2015’s Biggest Buy
- Pedro Almodovar Unveils Cast For New Pic ‘Silencio’