Fox and New Regency put up a trailer this weekend for In Time, the Andrew Niccol-directed futuristic science fiction thriller that takes place in a world where people who want to live beyond 25 have to purchase time. The protagonist’s clock is about to run out when a rich guy tired of living gives away his time. Niccol used a similar plot driver in his 1997 directorial debut Gattaca, where Ethan Hawke got the chance to escape his dreary home planet and got a shot at space travel despite inferior genetics when an elite athlete (Jude Law) whose body is ruined gives him his ticket off the planet. It worked well in that movie, and In Time gives Justin Timberlake an opportunity to move from romantic comedies to action terrain in a movie career that so far has been a pleasant surprise. Amanda Seyfried, Olivia Wilde and Cillian Murphy also star in a film that opens Oct. 28.
Hot Trailer: Andrew Niccol's 'In Time'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Latest Film News
- President Obama Makes Virtual Reality Debut In National Parks Video
- Covert Media Launches Lexica Films For Foreign-Language Pics; First Project Is ‘Earthquake’
- Sam Mendes In Talks To Develop & Direct Live-Action ‘James And The Giant Peach’
- Demi Moore Ready To ‘Rock That Body’ For Sony Comedy
- Construction Worker Killed On ‘Blade Runner’ Set In Hungary
- Vincent D’Onofrio Joins Bruce Willis In Eli Roth-Helmed ‘Death Wish’