Fox and New Regency put up a trailer this weekend for In Time, the Andrew Niccol-directed futuristic science fiction thriller that takes place in a world where people who want to live beyond 25 have to purchase time. The protagonist’s clock is about to run out when a rich guy tired of living gives away his time. Niccol used a similar plot driver in his 1997 directorial debut Gattaca, where Ethan Hawke got the chance to escape his dreary home planet and got a shot at space travel despite inferior genetics when an elite athlete (Jude Law) whose body is ruined gives him his ticket off the planet. It worked well in that movie, and In Time gives Justin Timberlake an opportunity to move from romantic comedies to action terrain in a movie career that so far has been a pleasant surprise. Amanda Seyfried, Olivia Wilde and Cillian Murphy also star in a film that opens Oct. 28.
Hot Trailer: Andrew Niccol's 'In Time'
What's Hot on Deadline
Linda Hamilton Set To Return To 'Terminator'; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
Latest Film News
- Hulu Acquires ‘Food Evolution,’ Acclaimed, Highly Controversial Doc
- Judi Dench Named Recipient Of Santa Barbara Film Festival’s Kirk Douglas Award Of Excellence
- ‘Anna And The Apocalypse’ Trailer: Zombie Christmas Musical Dawns At Fantastic Fest
- Jake LaMotta Dies: ‘Raging Bull’ Boxer Was 95
- ‘Wonderstruck’ Trailer Strikes After Running Festival Gauntlet
- eOne Extends Film Distribution To Germany; Benjamina Mirnik-Voges Will Run Local Shop