Fox and New Regency put up a trailer this weekend for In Time, the Andrew Niccol-directed futuristic science fiction thriller that takes place in a world where people who want to live beyond 25 have to purchase time. The protagonist’s clock is about to run out when a rich guy tired of living gives away his time. Niccol used a similar plot driver in his 1997 directorial debut Gattaca, where Ethan Hawke got the chance to escape his dreary home planet and got a shot at space travel despite inferior genetics when an elite athlete (Jude Law) whose body is ruined gives him his ticket off the planet. It worked well in that movie, and In Time gives Justin Timberlake an opportunity to move from romantic comedies to action terrain in a movie career that so far has been a pleasant surprise. Amanda Seyfried, Olivia Wilde and Cillian Murphy also star in a film that opens Oct. 28.
Hot Trailer: Andrew Niccol's 'In Time'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: Football-Related Brain Damage Hot Button Topic For Will Smith’s Oscar Player ‘Concussion…
- Carter Blanchard Circles Script For Film Based On Sci-Fi Short ‘Uncanny Valley’
- Annie Awards Noms: ‘Inside Out’, ‘Anomalisa’, ‘Shaun The Sheep’, ‘Good Dinosaur’ & ‘Peanuts ‘ Up For…
- Joe Shrapnel And Anna Waterhouse Close Deal To Rewrite ‘The Gray Man’ For Charlize Theron
- ‘Zombie Apocalypse’ And ‘Paranormal Activity’ VOD Plan Cuts Release Window
- Morgan Spurlock’s Warrior Poets Teams With ABG For Strategic Brand Partnership