Fox and New Regency put up a trailer this weekend for In Time, the Andrew Niccol-directed futuristic science fiction thriller that takes place in a world where people who want to live beyond 25 have to purchase time. The protagonist’s clock is about to run out when a rich guy tired of living gives away his time. Niccol used a similar plot driver in his 1997 directorial debut Gattaca, where Ethan Hawke got the chance to escape his dreary home planet and got a shot at space travel despite inferior genetics when an elite athlete (Jude Law) whose body is ruined gives him his ticket off the planet. It worked well in that movie, and In Time gives Justin Timberlake an opportunity to move from romantic comedies to action terrain in a movie career that so far has been a pleasant surprise. Amanda Seyfried, Olivia Wilde and Cillian Murphy also star in a film that opens Oct. 28.
Hot Trailer: Andrew Niccol's 'In Time'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Paramount Pictures Sets Multi-Pictures Deal With UK’s Locksmith Animation
- John Boyega To Star In ‘Woyzeck’ At Old Vic, Jack Thorne Adapting The Modern Classic
- European Box Office Sees Record $8.4B In 2015 Led By ‘Force’-ful Hollywood
- ‘Intouchables’ Helmers Reteaming For ‘C’est La Vie’ – Cannes
- Hulu Acquires Ron Howard’s Beatles Documentary To Launch Docu Films Arm
- Kevin Dillon & DeRon Horton Planted As Leads In ‘Dirt’