Movie companies lately have been coming up with out-of-the-box ways to spread the word on their movies, like the promo that Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman made for The Change-Up, or the musical that Final Destination 5 star Miles Fisher made to promote this Friday’s opening. Rarely do these viral efforts feature the head of a studio. But Paul Rudd got Harvey Weinstein to take part in a Funnyordie.com bit in which the actor subjects Weinsein to the worst marketing ideas ever to sell the film that Weinstein acquired in Sundance. While Weinstein was said to have been an inspiration for Tom Cruise’s manic Les Grossman character in Tropic Thunder, the real Harvey actually seems a pretty calm screen presence.
Hot Fake Trailer: 'Our Idiot Brother' Star Paul Rudd Pitches To Harvey Weinstein
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Ex-IM Global Founder Stuart Ford Launches New Content Creator AGC Studios
- Steven Soderbergh Talks ‘Unsane’ Distribution & Shooting His Next Film On An iPhone – Berlin
- Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
- ‘Black Panther’ Posts Record $21M Pre-Summer Tuesday; Second Weekend To Reap $104M-$109M
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend