Movie companies lately have been coming up with out-of-the-box ways to spread the word on their movies, like the promo that Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman made for The Change-Up, or the musical that Final Destination 5 star Miles Fisher made to promote this Friday’s opening. Rarely do these viral efforts feature the head of a studio. But Paul Rudd got Harvey Weinstein to take part in a Funnyordie.com bit in which the actor subjects Weinsein to the worst marketing ideas ever to sell the film that Weinstein acquired in Sundance. While Weinstein was said to have been an inspiration for Tom Cruise’s manic Les Grossman character in Tropic Thunder, the real Harvey actually seems a pretty calm screen presence.
Hot Fake Trailer: 'Our Idiot Brother' Star Paul Rudd Pitches To Harvey Weinstein
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount