Submarine Entertainment has made a deal with Hanway Films for the latter to handle Constance Marks’ award-winning Sundance documentary Being Elmo, about the creator of the iconic Sesame Street character. The doc previously picked up some rights deals when it was shopped at the Cannes Film Festival. The deal was negotiated by Josh Braun and David Koh of Submarine on behalf of Marks along with Hanway managing director Thorsten Schumacher and sales and distribution director Fabien Westerhoff. Submarine is handling an Oscar-qualifying run in major U.S. markets in the fall.
Hanway Lands Worldwide Sales Rights To Sundance Hit 'Being Elmo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Pittsburgh Steelers Will Stay In Locker Room During Anthem Today; Trump Kicks Off Sunday With Boycott Tweet - Update
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $21M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $2M+
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; 'It' Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW - International Box Office
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest Film News
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; ‘It’ Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW – International…
- ‘Victoria And Abdul’ Reigns With Top PTA; ‘Stronger’ & ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Solid – Specialty…
- ‘Star Wars’: Ron Howard Shares “Dangerous And Desperate” Photos From Han Solo Movie Set
- Fran Drescher & Peter Bogdanovich Join ‘The Creatress’; Tilda Del Toro Boards ‘Night School’; Jaden Piner Cast In ‘BOO…
- Greta Gerwig’s ‘Lady Bird’ Going A Week Earlier In November
- Rob Morrow Joins War Drama ‘The Kill Team’