Submarine Entertainment has made a deal with Hanway Films for the latter to handle Constance Marks’ award-winning Sundance documentary Being Elmo, about the creator of the iconic Sesame Street character. The doc previously picked up some rights deals when it was shopped at the Cannes Film Festival. The deal was negotiated by Josh Braun and David Koh of Submarine on behalf of Marks along with Hanway managing director Thorsten Schumacher and sales and distribution director Fabien Westerhoff. Submarine is handling an Oscar-qualifying run in major U.S. markets in the fall.
Hanway Lands Worldwide Sales Rights To Sundance Hit 'Being Elmo'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'
- Participant Joins DreamWorks On Spielberg Cold War Pic & 'The Light Between Oceans'