Submarine Entertainment has made a deal with Hanway Films for the latter to handle Constance Marks’ award-winning Sundance documentary Being Elmo, about the creator of the iconic Sesame Street character. The doc previously picked up some rights deals when it was shopped at the Cannes Film Festival. The deal was negotiated by Josh Braun and David Koh of Submarine on behalf of Marks along with Hanway managing director Thorsten Schumacher and sales and distribution director Fabien Westerhoff. Submarine is handling an Oscar-qualifying run in major U.S. markets in the fall.
Hanway Lands Worldwide Sales Rights To Sundance Hit 'Being Elmo'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney
- 'Strange Magic' Trailer: George Lucas' Animated Fairy Tale
- Millennium Entertainment Bolsters Digital With Amplify
- Bravo Renews 'Untying The Knot' For Second Season