Greg Berlanti has taken a second project out this season, landing a second straight put pilot commitment. Following the sale earlier this month to Fox of a legal drama to be written by Berlanti’s frequent collaborator Marc Guggenheim, Berlanti and Chuck executive producer Nick Wootton have sold a police drama to CBS. It centers on a young, ambitious police officer who quickly rises to detective — maybe too quickly — after breaking up a major drug ring and becoming a hero. WME-repped Berlanti and Wootton are developing and executive producing the Warner Bros TV/Berlanti TV project together, with Wootton set to write. This marks Berlanti’s first development season at Warner Bros TV since he returned to the studio in June with a mega deal.
Greg Berlanti/Nick Wootton Cop Drama Gets Put Pilot Commitment At CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination
- ‘Golan The Insatiable’ Trailer: Kneel Before Fox’s New Toon Series
- Joe Henderson Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV