Greg Berlanti has taken a second project out this season, landing a second straight put pilot commitment. Following the sale earlier this month to Fox of a legal drama to be written by Berlanti’s frequent collaborator Marc Guggenheim, Berlanti and Chuck executive producer Nick Wootton have sold a police drama to CBS. It centers on a young, ambitious police officer who quickly rises to detective — maybe too quickly — after breaking up a major drug ring and becoming a hero. WME-repped Berlanti and Wootton are developing and executive producing the Warner Bros TV/Berlanti TV project together, with Wootton set to write. This marks Berlanti’s first development season at Warner Bros TV since he returned to the studio in June with a mega deal.
Greg Berlanti/Nick Wootton Cop Drama Gets Put Pilot Commitment At CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Latest TV News
- ‘Ghost Wars’ Trailer: “Unholy Sh*t” Hits Fan In First Look At Syfy Horror Series – Comic-Con
- ‘The Flash’: Neil Sandilands To Play The Thinker; Danny Trejo & Kim Engelbrecht Also Cast – Comic-Con
- ‘Westworld’ Reveals Season 2 Trailer But Mainly Goes For Laughs In Packed Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘Black Lightning’ Casts James Remar & Damon Gupton As Series Regulars, Watch Trailer – Comic-Con
- DC’s ‘Legends Of Tomorrow’ At Comic-Con: Neal McDonough Upped To Regular For Season 3, Arthur Darvill & Wentworth Miller Return…
- ‘Gotham’ Season 4 Trailer: Crystal Reed Cast As Sofia Falcone – Comic-Con