Nobody has found a way to squeeze more cash out of a film franchise than George Lucas has done with Star Wars, and he’s at it again. Here’s a trailer for the release of the six films on Blu-ray. I caught the bug on the original trilogy that was far ahead of its time, but I found the prequel uninteresting compared to films like The Matrix, the first of which was released around the same time as that first prequel. Still, Lucas is serving up 40 hours of extras in these releases. But does anyone other than the hardcore geek really care?
'Star Wars' 40 Hours Extra Blu-Ray Footage
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’