Nobody has found a way to squeeze more cash out of a film franchise than George Lucas has done with Star Wars, and he’s at it again. Here’s a trailer for the release of the six films on Blu-ray. I caught the bug on the original trilogy that was far ahead of its time, but I found the prequel uninteresting compared to films like The Matrix, the first of which was released around the same time as that first prequel. Still, Lucas is serving up 40 hours of extras in these releases. But does anyone other than the hardcore geek really care?
'Star Wars' 40 Hours Extra Blu-Ray Footage
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Latest Film News
- Shocker! MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber Leaving Company After Eight Years At The Helm — Updated
- ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Trailer: Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin Are Locked And Loaded For A New…
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?