EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- ‘All I See Is You’: Open Road Sets 2017 Bow For Blake Lively-Jason Clarke Thriller
- ‘Come And Find Me’ Trailer: Aaron Paul On A Wild Search For Love
- Move Over 007: Paramount Plans Pic Series On Brit Spy Alex Hawke
- Fox Animation Picks Up ‘The Girl Who Drank The Moon’ For ‘Kubo And The Two Strings’ Writer…
- ‘Doctor Strange’ To Cast Spell Over International Box Office – Weekend Preview
- Nat Wolff & Alexander Skarsgård Join Feature Adaptation Of War Doc ‘The Kill Team’