EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $216M-$220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”