EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest Film News
- WWE, Gene Simmons Tag-Team To Launch Horror Label
- Matthew McConaughey Has Taste For ‘Billionaire’s Vinegar’
- Tommy Gargotta Tops Theatrical Marketing At Relativity EuropaCorp Distribution
- Michael Keaton Starrer ‘The Founder’ Gets Release Date; Focus World Rounds Out 2015 Slate
- Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short ‘Sundays’ Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
- Oscars: Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Not Returning In 2016; Academy Starts New Producer Search