EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Jeremy Lovering To Helm Sony Horror Pic 'The Bringing,' Inspired By Cecil Hotel
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′