EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Film News
- Costco Offers Combined One-Year MoviePass And Fandor Subscription For $89.99
- ‘Three Billboards,’ ‘Lady Bird,’ ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Lead Australian…
- Michael Apted To Get DGA Honorary Life Member Award
- Disney-Fox: What Are The International Implications?
- Franco Nero & Chris Brochu Enlist In Robert Port’s Thriller ‘Peace’
- What Does The Film Academy Have In Common With The Harper Valley PTA? We May Find Out.