EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Gets More Love Thursday Night Than Emma Watson-Tom Hanks Thriller 'The Circle' - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest Film News
- ‘Walking Dead’ Lawsuit: Judge Sets Summary Judgment Hearing Date And Disclosure Terms
- ‘The Last Poker Game’ Star Martin Landau On Ageism In Hollywood And Roles He Is Happy To Turn Down…
- Ray Fisher From ‘Batman v Superman’ And ‘Justice League’ Signs With CAA
- Jason Sudeikis, Lee Pace & Timothy Olyphant Gear Up For John DeLorean Pic ‘Driven’ — Cannes
- Movie On Pediatrician Dr Mona, Who Sounded Alarm On Lead Poisoning Of Flint, Michigan Kids
- A Cultural Paradox: Students Run From History While Movies Dig Deeper Into The Past