EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Benjamin Bratt Joins Bold Films’ ‘Shot Caller’ & Netflix’s ‘Special Correspondent’
- Brittany Ishibashi Kicks Up ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′; Jonathan Bailey Joins Donald Crowhurst Pic
- Music Box Acquires Pablo Larrain’s ‘The Club’ For North America
- ‘League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen’ To Be Rebooted By Fox
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Slightly Better In Actuals, But Memorial Day Frame Was Still A Downer – Tuesday B.O. Update
- ‘Point Break’ First Trailer: Johnny Utah Rides Again