EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest Film News
- ‘Suburbicon’ Production Designer On Cobbling Together Idyllic ’50s Suburb Out Of Disparate SoCal Locations
- ‘Coco’ Earns A+ CinemaScore & Dances To $70M+; ‘Justice League’ Solid With $63M+…
- Jane Campion: It’s A “Fairy Tale” Time For Women In The Entertainment Business
- Allison Williams Says ‘Peter Pan’ Performance Scored Her ‘Get Out’ Role
- IMAX & Odeon Team Up To Launch Europe’s First Virtual Reality Experience
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Producer Alison Owen Lifts The Lid On Working With Weinstein