EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest Film News
- Tracy Scott Dies: Veteran Script Supervisor On Four Best Picture Oscar Nominees Was 46
- Patti Davis Novel ‘The Earth Breaks In Colors’ To Be Adapted As Movie By ‘Mr. Church’ Writer
- ‘Bad Moms’ Red Band Trailer: Team Mila Kunis Vs. Christina Applegate In Maternal Death Match
- Studio 54 Docu In Works From ‘Valentino’ Helmer & ‘Listen To Me Marlon’ Producer
- Blumhouse.com Launching Podcast Network With ‘Shock Waves’ From ‘Killer POV’ Team
- Sony’s Stage 6 Films Acquires Worldwide Rights To Vera Farmiga-Christopher Plummer Road Trip Pic ‘Boundaries’