EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that George Clooney is in the process of withdrawing as the star of Steven Soderbergh’s The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Still trying to get a clear sense of the reason for the exit of Clooney, who is Soderbergh’s former partner and did the Ocean’s Eleven films and Out of Sight with the director. I’m told that Warner Bros intends to stay on track for a February 2012 start for the movie, which is based on the 1960s light spy drama starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum. Soderbergh is putting U.N.C.L.E. together as he prepares for the release of Warners’ Contagion, which stars Matt Damon and is being released Sept. 9.
George Clooney Dropping Out Of Steven Soderbergh's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest Film News
- Michelle Rodriguez Tells ‘Fast’ Folks To “Show Some Love” To Female Characters Or Else
- Elizabeth Gillies Cast In Untitled Arizona Project Comedy
- Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner In Talks To Pen ‘Toni Erdmann’ Redo
- Chris Miller Channels Han Solo In Twitter Return
- Gail Mancuso Set To Direct DreamWorks’ Comedy ‘Besties’
- ‘Baby Driver’ Review: Fast And Curious Flick Driven By Cool Playlist, Hot Wheels & Style For Miles