Showing that there are no hard feelings after Fox passed on the Josh Freidman-written horror/thriller drama pilot Locke & Key, the network has handed a put pilot commitment to a new hourlong project from Friedman and 20th TV, which is more in the vein of Friedman’s previous project for the network, series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Like Sarah Connor, the new project, titled The Asset, is an action show with a female lead. It is described as a character-driven drama set in the New York office of the CIA, which centers on a female agent. The premise immediately evokes other series, including ABC’s Alias as well as USA Network’s Covert Affairs. This is the second project to land a put pilot commitment today following ABC’s deal for the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced Navy SEALs project, written by Rand Ravich.
Fox Nabs Josh Friedman Spy Drama With Put Pilot Commitment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over