Showing that there are no hard feelings after Fox passed on the Josh Freidman-written horror/thriller drama pilot Locke & Key, the network has handed a put pilot commitment to a new hourlong project from Friedman and 20th TV, which is more in the vein of Friedman’s previous project for the network, series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Like Sarah Connor, the new project, titled The Asset, is an action show with a female lead. It is described as a character-driven drama set in the New York office of the CIA, which centers on a female agent. The premise immediately evokes other series, including ABC’s Alias as well as USA Network’s Covert Affairs. This is the second project to land a put pilot commitment today following ABC’s deal for the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced Navy SEALs project, written by Rand Ravich.
Fox Nabs Josh Friedman Spy Drama With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…