Showing that there are no hard feelings after Fox passed on the Josh Freidman-written horror/thriller drama pilot Locke & Key, the network has handed a put pilot commitment to a new hourlong project from Friedman and 20th TV, which is more in the vein of Friedman’s previous project for the network, series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Like Sarah Connor, the new project, titled The Asset, is an action show with a female lead. It is described as a character-driven drama set in the New York office of the CIA, which centers on a female agent. The premise immediately evokes other series, including ABC’s Alias as well as USA Network’s Covert Affairs. This is the second project to land a put pilot commitment today following ABC’s deal for the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced Navy SEALs project, written by Rand Ravich.
Fox Nabs Josh Friedman Spy Drama With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'