EXCLUSIVE: Greg Berlanti has sold his first project under his rich new overall deal with Warner Bros Television — a legal drama to be written by his frequent collaborator Marc Guggenheim. The project, entitled Guilty, has landed at Fox with a script commitment with penalty said to be in the put pilot range. It centers on a brilliant, morally questionable defense attorney who, after being falsely convicted of fraud and stripped of his legal license, uses his unorthodox methods to solve the cases he’s been prohibited from handling and to ultimately exact revenge on the men who set him up. This marks the latest legal drama project for Guggenheim, who is a former lawyer. His first produced work was an episodic script for The Practice. He also worked on NBC’s Law & Order and ABC’s In Justice, and co-created with Berlanti the supernatural legal drama Eli Stone. Guggenheim, who also is a longtime comic book writer, most recently executive produced alongside Berlanti the ABC Studios superhero family drama No Ordinary Family. Their joint credits also include this summer’s feature Green Lantern, which the two co-wrote, and the short-lived WB drama series Jack & Bobby, which Berlanti co-created/executive produced under his first overall deal with Warner Bros TV. Berlanti recently returned to the studio after a five-year stint at ABC Studios. Guggenheim and Berlanti are executive producing Guilty for WBTV and Berlanti Television.
Fox Buys Legal Drama From Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'