EXCLUSIVE: Vin Di Bona and Bruce Gersh’s FishBowl Worldwide Media has hired Shaleen Desai as SVP Comedy Development. He will be responsible for scripted comedy development for television and digital distribution, reporting to EVP creative affairs Susan Levison. For the past year, FishBowl’s scripted development was overseen by Jennifer Gwartz, SVP scripted development, who recently left to run Dan Lin’s Warner Bros TV-based company. Instead of going for a straight replacement, FishBowl has opted to split the job into comedy and drama development; a drama executive is expected to be appointed shortly. Desai most recently served as VP Programming at BBC Worldwide Prods. Before that, he served as VP Development for fox21, where he was active in digital media. Desai’s resume also include stints in the comedy department at the Fox network and David Letterman’s Worldwide Pants. FishBowl most recently announced Web series pilot The Potts, created by David & Goliath founder Todd Goldman and How I Met Your Mother exec producer Chuck Tatham.
FishBowl Taps SVP Comedy Development
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony Pictures Television
- Olympics Commentator Goes Wild After Kikkan Randall And Jessie Diggins Win Cross-Country Gold
- Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
- Grieving Florida Students, Parents Savage Senator Marco Rubio At CNN Town Hall On Gun Violence
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident