EXCLUSIVE: Eric Stoltz has been tapped as the lead of Lifetime’s dramedy pilot Modern Love, from Sony Pictures TV. Created and executive produced by Sex and the City alumna Jenny Bicks, the project weaves actual stories from New York Times columns to explore the state of modern relationships. It follows newspaper science editor Simon McElvane (Stoltz) as he faces a deteriorating marriage, the ramifications of potentially starting over and balancing his relationship with his adopted 15-year-old daughter. Unexpectedly handed the job of editor of the newspaper’s Modern Love column, Simon discovers he has a lot to learn about life and love. The project, which was originally set up at HBO, is executive produced by Bicks, Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun, Gene Stein and Alan Poul. Poul is set to direct the pilot, which will begin filming shortly. Stoltz most recently starred on the Syfy series Caprica.
Eric Stoltz Set As The Lead Of Lifetime's Dramedy Pilot 'Modern Love'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest TV News
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Stephen Colbert Updates Steve Bannon’s Résumé: Skills Include “Dissolving Enemies In Bathtub”
- NBC Nabs Adult Sibling Drama From Kevin Falls With Put Pilot Commitment
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Season 9 Trailer: Larry Is Not Ready To Save The World
- Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot – Update