EXCLUSIVE: Eric Stoltz has been tapped as the lead of Lifetime’s dramedy pilot Modern Love, from Sony Pictures TV. Created and executive produced by Sex and the City alumna Jenny Bicks, the project weaves actual stories from New York Times columns to explore the state of modern relationships. It follows newspaper science editor Simon McElvane (Stoltz) as he faces a deteriorating marriage, the ramifications of potentially starting over and balancing his relationship with his adopted 15-year-old daughter. Unexpectedly handed the job of editor of the newspaper’s Modern Love column, Simon discovers he has a lot to learn about life and love. The project, which was originally set up at HBO, is executive produced by Bicks, Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun, Gene Stein and Alan Poul. Poul is set to direct the pilot, which will begin filming shortly. Stoltz most recently starred on the Syfy series Caprica.
Eric Stoltz Set As The Lead Of Lifetime's Dramedy Pilot 'Modern Love'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest TV News
- Chinese Authorities Crack Down On Online News Reporting
- Donna Brazile Will Remain On CNN For Convention Coverage Before Taking Over As DNC Chair – Update
- Rick Springfield Joins Cast of ‘Supernatural’ In Devilish New Role – Comic-Con
- ‘24: Legacy’ EP Says "Intersection" With Original Characters Could Happen "Down The Line" – Comic-Con
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz To Resign As DNC Chair After Convention
- Dominic Purcell Reflects On His Injury During ‘Prison Break’ Shoot – Comic-Con