EXCLUSIVE: Eric Stoltz has been tapped as the lead of Lifetime’s dramedy pilot Modern Love, from Sony Pictures TV. Created and executive produced by Sex and the City alumna Jenny Bicks, the project weaves actual stories from New York Times columns to explore the state of modern relationships. It follows newspaper science editor Simon McElvane (Stoltz) as he faces a deteriorating marriage, the ramifications of potentially starting over and balancing his relationship with his adopted 15-year-old daughter. Unexpectedly handed the job of editor of the newspaper’s Modern Love column, Simon discovers he has a lot to learn about life and love. The project, which was originally set up at HBO, is executive produced by Bicks, Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun, Gene Stein and Alan Poul. Poul is set to direct the pilot, which will begin filming shortly. Stoltz most recently starred on the Syfy series Caprica.
Eric Stoltz Set As The Lead Of Lifetime's Dramedy Pilot 'Modern Love'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Blues Brothers’ Animated Series With Dan Aykroyd In The Works At Bento Box
- Donald Trump: “I Have Watched Ted Cruz Become More Unhinged” – Update
- Rosie Perez, Ron Livingston Among Five Cast In TBS’ Search Party’
- Tom Harper To Direct ‘The Son’ On AMC
- Skydance Media Buys Game Developer The Workshop And Launches Interactive Division
- ESPN, Vice Partner On Production & Distribution Deal