EXCLUSIVE: Eric Stoltz has been tapped as the lead of Lifetime’s dramedy pilot Modern Love, from Sony Pictures TV. Created and executive produced by Sex and the City alumna Jenny Bicks, the project weaves actual stories from New York Times columns to explore the state of modern relationships. It follows newspaper science editor Simon McElvane (Stoltz) as he faces a deteriorating marriage, the ramifications of potentially starting over and balancing his relationship with his adopted 15-year-old daughter. Unexpectedly handed the job of editor of the newspaper’s Modern Love column, Simon discovers he has a lot to learn about life and love. The project, which was originally set up at HBO, is executive produced by Bicks, Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun, Gene Stein and Alan Poul. Poul is set to direct the pilot, which will begin filming shortly. Stoltz most recently starred on the Syfy series Caprica.
Eric Stoltz Set As The Lead Of Lifetime's Dramedy Pilot 'Modern Love'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Roy Price Resigns From Amazon Studios
- John McCain To CNN: Donald Trump’s “Spurious Nationalism” Taking Us Down Path That Led U.S. To World War II
- WGA East Blasts ITV America For Refusing To Negotiate “Union Security”
- Bob Weinstein Refutes Sexual Harassment Claims From ‘The Mist’ Showrunner
- ‘UnReal’ Gets Season 3 Premiere Date, Adds Caitlin FitzGerald As Suitress
- MyNetworkTV Renewed By Fox TV Stations Through 2019-20 Season