EXCLUSIVE: Eric Stoltz has been tapped as the lead of Lifetime’s dramedy pilot Modern Love, from Sony Pictures TV. Created and executive produced by Sex and the City alumna Jenny Bicks, the project weaves actual stories from New York Times columns to explore the state of modern relationships. It follows newspaper science editor Simon McElvane (Stoltz) as he faces a deteriorating marriage, the ramifications of potentially starting over and balancing his relationship with his adopted 15-year-old daughter. Unexpectedly handed the job of editor of the newspaper’s Modern Love column, Simon discovers he has a lot to learn about life and love. The project, which was originally set up at HBO, is executive produced by Bicks, Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun, Gene Stein and Alan Poul. Poul is set to direct the pilot, which will begin filming shortly. Stoltz most recently starred on the Syfy series Caprica.
Eric Stoltz Set As The Lead Of Lifetime's Dramedy Pilot 'Modern Love'
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 100+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest TV News
- ‘The Defenders’ Review: Krysten Ritter & Sigourney Weaver Strong In Team-Up
- Fox Orders Animated Presentation From Amy Poehler & ‘The Simpsons’ Duo
- ‘Rock & Roll Road Trip With Sammy Hagar’ Renewed For Season 3 By AXS TV
- BritBox’s First Fall Slate Includes Sean Bean Drama ‘Broken’ & U.S. Bow Of ‘Strictly Come Dancing…
- Justin Theroux To Co-Star In Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Netflix Series 'Maniac' At Par TV
- Sony Pictures TV Studios Names Jeffrey Glaser Head Of Current; Kim Rozenfeld Poised To Go To Apple