EXCLUSIVE: Eric Stoltz has been tapped as the lead of Lifetime’s dramedy pilot Modern Love, from Sony Pictures TV. Created and executive produced by Sex and the City alumna Jenny Bicks, the project weaves actual stories from New York Times columns to explore the state of modern relationships. It follows newspaper science editor Simon McElvane (Stoltz) as he faces a deteriorating marriage, the ramifications of potentially starting over and balancing his relationship with his adopted 15-year-old daughter. Unexpectedly handed the job of editor of the newspaper’s Modern Love column, Simon discovers he has a lot to learn about life and love. The project, which was originally set up at HBO, is executive produced by Bicks, Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun, Gene Stein and Alan Poul. Poul is set to direct the pilot, which will begin filming shortly. Stoltz most recently starred on the Syfy series Caprica.
Eric Stoltz Set As The Lead Of Lifetime's Dramedy Pilot 'Modern Love'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest TV News
- Olivia Cooke To Star In ‘Vanity Fair’ Adaptation For ITV, Amazon Studios
- ‘The Split’: SundanceTV & BBC One Round Out Cast For Abi Morgan Drama Series
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Series Finale & Aftershow: “A.D.” Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion…
- Stephen Colbert Explains CBO Score Impact On Senate Trumpcare Bill
- Fox Developing Drama From Lee Daniels & Julian Breece That Tackles Race & Class
- ‘The Lowe Files’: Rob Lowe’s A&E Mystery Reality Series Sets Premiere Date, Unveils Trailer