EXCLUSIVE: After a series of meetings with various veteran comedy showrunners, I hear The Drew Carey Show creator Bruce Helford has emerged as a leading candidate to write Anger Management, the Lionsgate TV-produced TV series starring Charlie Sheen. No final decision has been made and Helford is expected to have at least another meeting with the producers but he is considered a strong choice to create a starring vehicle for Sheen having done the same in the past for Carey with ABC’s The Drew Carey Show and George Lopez with the comedian’s eponymous ABC sitcom. He can also handle the accelerated production schedule required by the Debmar-Mercury model having juggled multiple series at the same time. The Debmar-Mercury template calls for quick amassing of syndicatable number of episodes. After taking a short break to focus on his kids, word is that Helford is looking to return to television full-time. On the show, based on the 2003 Jack Nicholson-Adam Sandler movie Anger Management, Sheen will play an updated version of the Nicholson’s character, a volatile anger management therapist.
Charlie Sheen Teaming With 'Drew Carey's Bruce Helford On 'Anger Management'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
'I Love You, Daddy' Trailer: Louis C.K. Dark Comedy About Worried Dad Whose Teen Daughter Dates 60-Something Director
Latest TV News
- Sara Blaedel’s Louise Rick Crime Novels In Works As TV Series At Bron Studios
- LisaGay Hamilton Joins Beau Willimon’s ‘The First’
- ‘Salvation’ Summer Drama Series Renewed For Season 2 By CBS
- Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
- Marsha Thomason Scrubs In For ‘The Good Doctor’; Bahram Khosraviani Joins ‘The Brave’
- Chelsea Handler’s Netflix Talk Show To End After 2 Seasons; Comedian Sets Documentary