EXCLUSIVE: After a series of meetings with various veteran comedy showrunners, I hear The Drew Carey Show creator Bruce Helford has emerged as a leading candidate to write Anger Management, the Lionsgate TV-produced TV series starring Charlie Sheen. No final decision has been made and Helford is expected to have at least another meeting with the producers but he is considered a strong choice to create a starring vehicle for Sheen having done the same in the past for Carey with ABC’s The Drew Carey Show and George Lopez with the comedian’s eponymous ABC sitcom. He can also handle the accelerated production schedule required by the Debmar-Mercury model having juggled multiple series at the same time. The Debmar-Mercury template calls for quick amassing of syndicatable number of episodes. After taking a short break to focus on his kids, word is that Helford is looking to return to television full-time. On the show, based on the 2003 Jack Nicholson-Adam Sandler movie Anger Management, Sheen will play an updated version of the Nicholson’s character, a volatile anger management therapist.
Charlie Sheen Teaming With 'Drew Carey's Bruce Helford On 'Anger Management'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’ Imagines Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance