EXCLUSIVE: After a series of meetings with various veteran comedy showrunners, I hear The Drew Carey Show creator Bruce Helford has emerged as a leading candidate to write Anger Management, the Lionsgate TV-produced TV series starring Charlie Sheen. No final decision has been made and Helford is expected to have at least another meeting with the producers but he is considered a strong choice to create a starring vehicle for Sheen having done the same in the past for Carey with ABC’s The Drew Carey Show and George Lopez with the comedian’s eponymous ABC sitcom. He can also handle the accelerated production schedule required by the Debmar-Mercury model having juggled multiple series at the same time. The Debmar-Mercury template calls for quick amassing of syndicatable number of episodes. After taking a short break to focus on his kids, word is that Helford is looking to return to television full-time. On the show, based on the 2003 Jack Nicholson-Adam Sandler movie Anger Management, Sheen will play an updated version of the Nicholson’s character, a volatile anger management therapist.
Charlie Sheen Teaming With 'Drew Carey's Bruce Helford On 'Anger Management'?
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump: Obamacare Wreaked Havoc On America For “17 Years”
- Jake Paul Sets New Gig Post ‘Bizvaardvark’
- Cable Cooperative Agrees To Offer Sony’s PlayStation Vue Video Service
- Apple TV Launches ‘Brown Sugar’ VOD Service That Includes ‘Jackie Brown,’ ‘Car Wash,’ & Other African-American…
- Univision Promotes Tonia O’Conner To Chief Revenue Officer, A New Position
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates For TGIT, ‘Black-ish’, ‘The Good Doctor’ & ‘The Gospel Of Kevin’, Which Gets…