The first movie is set for 2014 and looks inside the human mind. Directed by Peter Docter, the Academy Award-winning director of Up, the new Pixar toon is just starting its designs and sets and anticipating castings. The other movie is about dinosaurs set sometime in the future. Director Bob Peterson was inspired by his childhood visit to the 1964 New York World’s Fair, where he saw animatronic dinosaurs. Disney made today’s announcements to 4,200 fans at the Anaheim Convention Center as part of its D23 Expo this weekend that brings all things “Disney” under one roof: Parks & Resorts, Consumer Products, Media Networks, and of course the Studio. D23 is the first official Disney fan club, and the expo takes place every other year. This year’s arena presentation was hosted by Walt Disney Studios Chairman Rich Ross and featured John Lasseter from Pixar, Kevin Feige from Marvel, Sean Bailey from Walt Disney Studios and talent from upcoming films from animation, Marvel, and Disney live action. More details and interviews later today.
Disney Announces Two New Pixar Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
Latest Film News
- 'Trumped: The Musical'? Ron Howard Hopes Somebody Does It – Cannes Lions
- Ron Howard Talks Han Solo Movie & ‘Star Wars’ Universe – Cannes Lions
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List