The first movie is set for 2014 and looks inside the human mind. Directed by Peter Docter, the Academy Award-winning director of Up, the new Pixar toon is just starting its designs and sets and anticipating castings. The other movie is about dinosaurs set sometime in the future. Director Bob Peterson was inspired by his childhood visit to the 1964 New York World’s Fair, where he saw animatronic dinosaurs. Disney made today’s announcements to 4,200 fans at the Anaheim Convention Center as part of its D23 Expo this weekend that brings all things “Disney” under one roof: Parks & Resorts, Consumer Products, Media Networks, and of course the Studio. D23 is the first official Disney fan club, and the expo takes place every other year. This year’s arena presentation was hosted by Walt Disney Studios Chairman Rich Ross and featured John Lasseter from Pixar, Kevin Feige from Marvel, Sean Bailey from Walt Disney Studios and talent from upcoming films from animation, Marvel, and Disney live action. More details and interviews later today.
Disney Announces Two New Pixar Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Latest Film News
- Shocker! MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber Leaving Company After Eight Years At The Helm
- ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Trailer: Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin Are Locked And Loaded For A New…
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?