The first movie is set for 2014 and looks inside the human mind. Directed by Peter Docter, the Academy Award-winning director of Up, the new Pixar toon is just starting its designs and sets and anticipating castings. The other movie is about dinosaurs set sometime in the future. Director Bob Peterson was inspired by his childhood visit to the 1964 New York World’s Fair, where he saw animatronic dinosaurs. Disney made today’s announcements to 4,200 fans at the Anaheim Convention Center as part of its D23 Expo this weekend that brings all things “Disney” under one roof: Parks & Resorts, Consumer Products, Media Networks, and of course the Studio. D23 is the first official Disney fan club, and the expo takes place every other year. This year’s arena presentation was hosted by Walt Disney Studios Chairman Rich Ross and featured John Lasseter from Pixar, Kevin Feige from Marvel, Sean Bailey from Walt Disney Studios and talent from upcoming films from animation, Marvel, and Disney live action. More details and interviews later today.
Disney Announces Two New Pixar Films
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Hammond
- Deadline’s The Contenders Event Congratulates Its Oscar Winners And Nominees!
- ‘Focus’ Review: Pete Hammond On Will Smith’s Sharp Look At Con Artists
- Oscar Aftermath: ‘Birdman’ Flies High & Parties Into The Night On Wings Of Victory
- Oscars Still A Tossup As Envelopes (FINALLY) About To Be Opened
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Predicts All The Winners
- ‘Hot Tub Time Machine 2′ Review: Pete Hammond Wants A Time Machine To Get His 93 Minutes Back