EXCLUSIVE: After working together last season on the ABC/ABC Studios cop drama Detroit 1-8-7, series creator/executive producer Jason Richman and executive producer/showrunner David Zabel have teamed for a new ABC Studios drama project, which has sold to ABC. Richman and Zabel will co-write the project, titled Two Roads, which is in the vein of Sliding Doors. It centers on a young woman who struggles with doubt on her wedding day whether to go through with it or not. The show asks the question, “What if I had made different choices?” and then answers it by following her down both paths. Zabel joined the Michael Imperioli starrer Detroit 1-8-7 at the pilot stage after he liked Richman’s script. Despite solid reviews, the series didn’t get traction in the ratings and was canceled after its 18-episode freshman season. Both Zabel and Richman have deals at ABC Studios — WME-repped Zabel is under an overall; Richman, repped by WME and the Collective, has a pact for two blind scripts. This is the second sale this season for Zabel, who also has Western Gunslinger set up at ABC.
'Detroit 1-8-7' Duo Re-Teams For New ABC Drama Project
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless