EXCLUSIVE: After working together last season on the ABC/ABC Studios cop drama Detroit 1-8-7, series creator/executive producer Jason Richman and executive producer/showrunner David Zabel have teamed for a new ABC Studios drama project, which has sold to ABC. Richman and Zabel will co-write the project, titled Two Roads, which is in the vein of Sliding Doors. It centers on a young woman who struggles with doubt on her wedding day whether to go through with it or not. The show asks the question, “What if I had made different choices?” and then answers it by following her down both paths. Zabel joined the Michael Imperioli starrer Detroit 1-8-7 at the pilot stage after he liked Richman’s script. Despite solid reviews, the series didn’t get traction in the ratings and was canceled after its 18-episode freshman season. Both Zabel and Richman have deals at ABC Studios — WME-repped Zabel is under an overall; Richman, repped by WME and the Collective, has a pact for two blind scripts. This is the second sale this season for Zabel, who also has Western Gunslinger set up at ABC.
'Detroit 1-8-7' Duo Re-Teams For New ABC Drama Project
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'