Veteran Fox executive David Lyle, former president of the now defunct Fox Reality cable channel and international reality format licensing division Fox LOOK, has been named CEO for National Geographic Channels. The co-venture of Fox Networks Group and the National Geographic Society includes National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, which replaced Fox Reality, and Nat Geo Mundo. Lyle, who had shepherded development for National Geographic’s West Coast office for the past 6 months, will take oversight of the company from Fox Sports chairman David Hill. National Geographic Channels president Steve Schiffman will report to Lyle, who will be based in Washington, D.C. Lyle’s resume also includes stints at FreemantleMedia and Pearson Television.
David Lyle Named CEO For National Geographic Channels
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Fusion Exposes Global Food Truths In Lightbox-Produced Doc Series
- Mam Tor, Bad Wolf & Ecosse Thrillers Top Inaugural Brit List: TV
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot