Veteran Fox executive David Lyle, former president of the now defunct Fox Reality cable channel and international reality format licensing division Fox LOOK, has been named CEO for National Geographic Channels. The co-venture of Fox Networks Group and the National Geographic Society includes National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, which replaced Fox Reality, and Nat Geo Mundo. Lyle, who had shepherded development for National Geographic’s West Coast office for the past 6 months, will take oversight of the company from Fox Sports chairman David Hill. National Geographic Channels president Steve Schiffman will report to Lyle, who will be based in Washington, D.C. Lyle’s resume also includes stints at FreemantleMedia and Pearson Television.
David Lyle Named CEO For National Geographic Channels
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate