Will Leonardo Da Vinci join Spartacus as Starz’s next leading man? It looks that way. I hear that the David S. Goyer-written Da Vinci’s Demons, about the early years of the famous Renaissance Man, is heating up at the pay cable channel. A pickup for the project is considered likely, probably straight to series, as producers have begun sending out feelers to writers about potential staffing jobs. Da Vinci’s Demons was the first project announced under the multi-year production agreement Starz signed with BBC Worldwide Prods at the beginning of this month. BBC Worldwide is deficit financing the shows under the deal, primarily from international sales, so the series are developed with the global marketplace in mind. Da Vinci’s Demons fits that bill with a protagonist who is one of the most recognizable figures in world’s art and science history.
David Goyer's 'Da Vinci's Demons' Eyes Green Light At Starz
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Books John Boehner For ‘Tonight Show’ As Pol Guests Suddenly Sexy
- ‘Red Oaks’ Review: Amazon’s 1985-Set Coming-Of-Age Comedy Is A Grand Slam
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66
- Eva Longoria To Produce Interracial Family Comedy For ABC
- Deborah Barak Promoted To President Of Business Operations At CBS
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over