Will Leonardo Da Vinci join Spartacus as Starz’s next leading man? It looks that way. I hear that the David S. Goyer-written Da Vinci’s Demons, about the early years of the famous Renaissance Man, is heating up at the pay cable channel. A pickup for the project is considered likely, probably straight to series, as producers have begun sending out feelers to writers about potential staffing jobs. Da Vinci’s Demons was the first project announced under the multi-year production agreement Starz signed with BBC Worldwide Prods at the beginning of this month. BBC Worldwide is deficit financing the shows under the deal, primarily from international sales, so the series are developed with the global marketplace in mind. Da Vinci’s Demons fits that bill with a protagonist who is one of the most recognizable figures in world’s art and science history.
David Goyer's 'Da Vinci's Demons' Eyes Green Light At Starz
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'