Film financier David Bergstein today sued his former attorney Teri Zimon for $50M, claiming she shared confidential information and aided his creditors in bankruptcy proceedings while working for him. Bernstein claims that Zimon teamed with another of his former attorneys, Susan Tregub, to provide creditors with confidential data, leak negative stories about Bergstein to the media and encourage creditors to initiate involuntary bankruptcy proceedings against him. Bergstein’s suit claims that Zimon was aiding his creditors from mid-2009 through January 2010, while in his employ from December 2008 through March 2010. The suit was filed in L.A. Superior Court.
David Bergstein Sues His Former Attorney
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast