Content Media has come aboard to finance and distribute Nicholas McCarthy’s feature ghost story The Pact, which is based on the writer-director’s short that appeared at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and just completed production — a quick turnaround, even for a genre film. Preferred Content’s Ross Dinerstein is producing and Content Film president Jamie Carmichael is executive producing. Caity Lotz stars alongside Haley Hudson, Kathleen Rose Perkins, Sam Ball, Agnes Bruckner and Casper Van Dien; in addition, all the crew from the short stayed on for the feature, which centers on a woman who struggles to come to grips with her past after her mother’s death and discovers an unsettling presence in her childhood home. Preferred Content’s Kevin Iwashina will handle the North American distribution rights and Content will rep international rights. Alan Gasmer reps McCarthy.
Content Takes On Nicholas McCarthy's Fright Film 'The Pact'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'