Content Media has come aboard to finance and distribute Nicholas McCarthy’s feature ghost story The Pact, which is based on the writer-director’s short that appeared at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and just completed production — a quick turnaround, even for a genre film. Preferred Content’s Ross Dinerstein is producing and Content Film president Jamie Carmichael is executive producing. Caity Lotz stars alongside Haley Hudson, Kathleen Rose Perkins, Sam Ball, Agnes Bruckner and Casper Van Dien; in addition, all the crew from the short stayed on for the feature, which centers on a woman who struggles to come to grips with her past after her mother’s death and discovers an unsettling presence in her childhood home. Preferred Content’s Kevin Iwashina will handle the North American distribution rights and Content will rep international rights. Alan Gasmer reps McCarthy.
Content Takes On Nicholas McCarthy's Fright Film 'The Pact'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
'Wonder Woman' Promo Features 'Supergirl's Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Lynda Carter & Teri Hatcher
Latest Film News
- Cannes Film Fest 70th Anniversary Family Portrait Captures International Cinema
- Denise Gough, Fiona Shaw, Robert Pugh & Rebecca Root Round Out Cast For ‘Colette’
- Manchester Attack: Cannes Film Festival Plans Minute Of Silence & Cancels Fireworks; ‘Cars 3’ Event…
- IFC Closing Deal For Director’s Fortnight Pic ‘A Ciambra:’ Cannes
- Sam Mendes In Early Talks To Direct Disney’s Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’
- Joss Whedon To Wrap Up ‘Justice League’ Movie After Snyder Family Tragedy