Content Media has come aboard to finance and distribute Nicholas McCarthy’s feature ghost story The Pact, which is based on the writer-director’s short that appeared at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and just completed production — a quick turnaround, even for a genre film. Preferred Content’s Ross Dinerstein is producing and Content Film president Jamie Carmichael is executive producing. Caity Lotz stars alongside Haley Hudson, Kathleen Rose Perkins, Sam Ball, Agnes Bruckner and Casper Van Dien; in addition, all the crew from the short stayed on for the feature, which centers on a woman who struggles to come to grips with her past after her mother’s death and discovers an unsettling presence in her childhood home. Preferred Content’s Kevin Iwashina will handle the North American distribution rights and Content will rep international rights. Alan Gasmer reps McCarthy.
Content Takes On Nicholas McCarthy's Fright Film 'The Pact'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Beyond' Dips Below $60M; 'Lights Out' Electrifies; 'Ice Age' Bit By 'Pets' -- Box Office Sat. AM
Latest Film News
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Trailer: A New Era Of Magic Begins – Comic-Con
- ‘King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword’ Trailer: The Land And The King Are Bros – Comic-Con
- ‘Kong: Skull Island’ Trailer: “This Planet Doesn’t Belong To Us” – Comic-Con
- Tom Hiddleston Talks ‘Kong: Skull Island’, ‘Thor: Ragnorak’, Bond & Comic-Con “Fun”
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Comic-Con Trailer: Here’s To Honor Among Thieves
- ‘Justice League’ Teased By Warner Bros In Comic-Con Surprise – Watch