Content Media has come aboard to finance and distribute Nicholas McCarthy’s feature ghost story The Pact, which is based on the writer-director’s short that appeared at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and just completed production — a quick turnaround, even for a genre film. Preferred Content’s Ross Dinerstein is producing and Content Film president Jamie Carmichael is executive producing. Caity Lotz stars alongside Haley Hudson, Kathleen Rose Perkins, Sam Ball, Agnes Bruckner and Casper Van Dien; in addition, all the crew from the short stayed on for the feature, which centers on a woman who struggles to come to grips with her past after her mother’s death and discovers an unsettling presence in her childhood home. Preferred Content’s Kevin Iwashina will handle the North American distribution rights and Content will rep international rights. Alan Gasmer reps McCarthy.
Content Takes On Nicholas McCarthy's Fright Film 'The Pact'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Ultron’ Outpacing ‘Avengers’ & ‘IM3′ With $439M; ‘F7′ Fuels Up – Intl…
- ‘Far From The Madding Crowd,’ ‘Welcome To Me’ Vigorous At Specialty Box Office
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Flies To 2nd Highest Bow Of All-Time With $187.7M- Final Sunday Update
- Oscar-Winning ‘Dances With Wolves’ Author/Screenwriter Michael Blake Has Died
- New ‘TMNT 2′ Set Pic Reveals First Look At Classic Character
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Takes Overseas Cume To $340M; Goes Global With $425M