Content Media has come aboard to finance and distribute Nicholas McCarthy’s feature ghost story The Pact, which is based on the writer-director’s short that appeared at this year’s Sundance Film Festival and just completed production — a quick turnaround, even for a genre film. Preferred Content’s Ross Dinerstein is producing and Content Film president Jamie Carmichael is executive producing. Caity Lotz stars alongside Haley Hudson, Kathleen Rose Perkins, Sam Ball, Agnes Bruckner and Casper Van Dien; in addition, all the crew from the short stayed on for the feature, which centers on a woman who struggles to come to grips with her past after her mother’s death and discovers an unsettling presence in her childhood home. Preferred Content’s Kevin Iwashina will handle the North American distribution rights and Content will rep international rights. Alan Gasmer reps McCarthy.
Content Takes On Nicholas McCarthy's Fright Film 'The Pact'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Oscar Nominees Luncheon: Contenders Told To Submit List Of “Thank Yous” In Advance As Event Draws Huge Crowd
- Robert Schwentke Exits ‘Divergent’ Finale ‘Ascendant’
- ‘Collateral Beauty’ Gets Holiday Release As Warners Delays ‘Chicken Soup For The Soul’
- Fugees’ Co-Founder Pras Michel Options Film Rights To Haitian Nazi Prisoner Tale
- ‘Bethlehem’ Director Yuval Adler To Helm Eco-Thriller ‘The Last Of The Tribe’
- ‘Hardcore Henry’ Teaser: Toronto Pic Hitting SXSW, Full Trailer & Twitch Live Event Coming Wednesday