Ryan Reynolds and Allan Loeb’s recently launched TV company DarkFire has made its first sale, and it was a quick one. The comedy project Guidance, from feature writer Tim Dowling (Just Go With It, Role Models), was just taken out by 20th TV where DarkFire has a first-look deal. In their first stop at Fox, the network took the show off the market and the rest of the pitch meetings were canceled. Tyler Labine (Reaper, Mad Love) is attached to star in and produce Guidance, which is described as an adult buddy comedy set in high school. Reynolds has been very involved in the project, which has received a put pilot commitment from Fox, including attending pitch meetings. He is executive producing with the rest of the DarkFire principals, Loeb, Steven Pearl and Jonathon Komack Martin. Dowling has ties to both Loeb and Reynolds. He co-wrote comedy feature Just Go With It with Loeb and, as an actor, he did a guest spot on Reynolds’ ABC sitcom Two Guys and a Girl 13 years ago. Guidance brings Labine back to Fox where he toplined the short-lived comedy series Sons of Tucson. The actor, recently seen in Rise of the Planets of the Apes, has been in-demand in TV, toplining 3 series in the last 2 years: Reaper, Sons of Tucson and Mad Love. Labine and Dowling are with CAA.
Comedy Project From Ryan Reynolds Lands Put Pilot Deal At Fox, Tyler Labine To Star
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era