EXCLUSIVE: Upright Citizens Brigade performer Luka Jones has landed the male lead opposite UCB alumni Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair in the midseason NBC comedy series BFF. The single-camera comedy, created by Parham and St. Clair, centers on Jessica (St. Clair) and Lennon (Parham), best friends forever, who live on opposite sides of the country. But when Jessica is served divorce papers, she reluctantly moves back to New York and back into Lennon’s apartment. It doesn’t take long for the girls to fall back into old habits: Steel Magnolias marathons, epic girl-talk sessions … none of which is good news to Lennon’s live-in boyfriend, Joe (Jones). He’s trying to be understanding, but begins to feel like a stranger in his own home. Jones, managed by 3 Arts, succeeds Adam Pally, who played the role in the pilot presentation. Pally, a friend of Parham and St. Clair, did the presentation as a guest star as he is a regular on Happy Endings, which ABC renewed for a second season. This marks the first major acting gig for Jones, who has been doing standup, performing with UCBLA and pursuing PhD in philosophy.
Comedian Luka Jones Lands Male Lead In New NBC Comedy Series 'BFF'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' $20M; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Saturday Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- Richard Trentlage Dies; Ad Man Wrote Iconic Oscar Mayer Wiener Jingle
- ‘MacGyver’ Ratings Down In Week 2 But CBS Still Tops Night, ‘Exorcist’ Falls
- Samantha Bee On Debate: Donald Trump Revealed Himself In Small Ways
- Sean Penn Plugs Mysterious “Author” Pappy Pariah On HBO’s ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’
- ‘Archer’ Creator Looking To End Series With 10th Season
- ‘Legends Of Chamberlain Heights’ Duo Josiah Johnson & Quinn Hawking Sign With UTA