EXCLUSIVE: Upright Citizens Brigade performer Luka Jones has landed the male lead opposite UCB alumni Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair in the midseason NBC comedy series BFF. The single-camera comedy, created by Parham and St. Clair, centers on Jessica (St. Clair) and Lennon (Parham), best friends forever, who live on opposite sides of the country. But when Jessica is served divorce papers, she reluctantly moves back to New York and back into Lennon’s apartment. It doesn’t take long for the girls to fall back into old habits: Steel Magnolias marathons, epic girl-talk sessions … none of which is good news to Lennon’s live-in boyfriend, Joe (Jones). He’s trying to be understanding, but begins to feel like a stranger in his own home. Jones, managed by 3 Arts, succeeds Adam Pally, who played the role in the pilot presentation. Pally, a friend of Parham and St. Clair, did the presentation as a guest star as he is a regular on Happy Endings, which ABC renewed for a second season. This marks the first major acting gig for Jones, who has been doing standup, performing with UCBLA and pursuing PhD in philosophy.
Comedian Luka Jones Lands Male Lead In New NBC Comedy Series 'BFF'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Latest TV News
- Latin Grammys Staying On Univision With 10-Year Rights Deal; 2018 Show Date Set
- ‘Wyatt Cenac’s Problem Areas’ Renewed For Season 2 By HBO
- Epix To Launch On Comcast In June, Expanding Reach To 70 Million Homes
- Peter Lenkov Inks New Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios; Taps Sean Canino As Co-President Of His 101st St Entertainment
- ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Heads To Syndication Via Lionsgate’s Debmar-Mercury
- ‘Amazing Stories’: Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz Set As Showrunners For Apple Series, Re-Up ABC Studios…