EXCLUSIVE: Upright Citizens Brigade performer Luka Jones has landed the male lead opposite UCB alumni Lennon Parham and Jessica St. Clair in the midseason NBC comedy series BFF. The single-camera comedy, created by Parham and St. Clair, centers on Jessica (St. Clair) and Lennon (Parham), best friends forever, who live on opposite sides of the country. But when Jessica is served divorce papers, she reluctantly moves back to New York and back into Lennon’s apartment. It doesn’t take long for the girls to fall back into old habits: Steel Magnolias marathons, epic girl-talk sessions … none of which is good news to Lennon’s live-in boyfriend, Joe (Jones). He’s trying to be understanding, but begins to feel like a stranger in his own home. Jones, managed by 3 Arts, succeeds Adam Pally, who played the role in the pilot presentation. Pally, a friend of Parham and St. Clair, did the presentation as a guest star as he is a regular on Happy Endings, which ABC renewed for a second season. This marks the first major acting gig for Jones, who has been doing standup, performing with UCBLA and pursuing PhD in philosophy.
Comedian Luka Jones Lands Male Lead In New NBC Comedy Series 'BFF'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel: Donald Trump Would Sign Copies Of Koran At Barnes & Noble In Fallujah To Kill Bill Named For Obama
Latest TV News
- Megyn Kelly Tells Jimmy Fallon Her New ‘Today’ Show Will Unify A Divided Country
- Tom Courtenay To Make ‘Grandpa’s Great Escape’; ‘Good Omens’ Adds Cast; Deutsche Telekom Gets ‘Germanized’…
- Stephen Colbert Leaks His Own Meltdown Tape After Someone Leaks Lawrence O’Donnell’s For Him
- Jimmy Kimmel: Donald Trump Would Sign Copies Of Koran At Barnes & Noble In Fallujah To Kill Bill Named For Obama
- ‘Roseanne’: ‘Shameless’ Star Emma Kenney Set As Darlene And David’s Daughter
- SAG-AFTRA Sending Team To ‘Riverdale’ Set After K.J. Apa Crash