EXCLUSIVE: Three weeks into filming on Cinemax’s 12-episode series Transporter, the action drama’s executive producers/showrunners Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie have left over creative differences. Veteran TV director-producer Steven Shill, who was recently brought in to work alongside Mallozzi and Mullie, is now expected to take over showrunner duties, at least for the time being. The series is in production in Toronto, currently working on Episodes 4-5; shooting is scheduled to continue through November for a 2012 premiere. Based on Luc Besson’s Transporter film franchise, the series stars Chris Vance as professional transporter Frank Martin, who can always be counted on to get the job done — discreetly. Andrea Osvart co-stars on the show, a France/Canada international treaty co-production that is being executive produced by Besson, Fred Fuchs and Robert Cooper. It is Cinemax’s second original primetime series to go into production, following Strike Back, which premiered this summer to solid numbers.
Cinemax's 'Transporter' Showrunners Exit
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over