Christina Norman, ousted as CEO of the Oprah Winfrey Network in May, will become executive editor of HuffPost Black Voices, a new site that the AOL Huffington Post Media Group is expected to launch later this week. Norman plans to kick off her new job, first reported by paidContent, by telling the story of her departure from OWN in an essay. “It’s a great lesson for women, that when one door closes, another one opens,” said Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of the AOL Huffington Post Media Group. “There is enormous pressure on high-profile women to succeed, to constantly prove themselves. I met Christina in Los Angeles when she was the head of OWN. After she left, I asked her if she wanted to do something completely different.” Norman was president of MTV prior to leading OWN. Mixed ratings momentum in its early going following its January launch led to her departure; after she left, Discovery Communications COO Peter Liguori stepped in as interim CEO. Last month, it emerged that Oprah Winfrey herself will add the CEO and chief creative officer titles at OWN.
Christina Norman To Detail OWN Exit In Essay As Part Of New Huffington Post Gig
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Treats Trump International Hotel Guests To First Look At First Family Walking Inaugural Parade Route
- Kinetic Content Ups Key Development Execs To EVP Roles
- Obama Can’t Stop Speechifying As President Trump Signs First Bill, Forcing TV Networks To Make Choices
- Settlement Reached In Legal Fight Over ‘Star Trek’ Fan Film
- Donald Trump’s FCC Chairman Pick Is Ajit Pai: Report
- Malcolm-Jamal Warner Joins ABC Drama Series ‘Ten Days In The Valley’