Christina Norman, ousted as CEO of the Oprah Winfrey Network in May, will become executive editor of HuffPost Black Voices, a new site that the AOL Huffington Post Media Group is expected to launch later this week. Norman plans to kick off her new job, first reported by paidContent, by telling the story of her departure from OWN in an essay. “It’s a great lesson for women, that when one door closes, another one opens,” said Arianna Huffington, president and editor-in-chief of the AOL Huffington Post Media Group. “There is enormous pressure on high-profile women to succeed, to constantly prove themselves. I met Christina in Los Angeles when she was the head of OWN. After she left, I asked her if she wanted to do something completely different.” Norman was president of MTV prior to leading OWN. Mixed ratings momentum in its early going following its January launch led to her departure; after she left, Discovery Communications COO Peter Liguori stepped in as interim CEO. Last month, it emerged that Oprah Winfrey herself will add the CEO and chief creative officer titles at OWN.
Christina Norman To Detail OWN Exit In Essay As Part Of New Huffington Post Gig
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- PBS CEO Paula Kerger On Presidential Election, ‘Sesame Street’ & More – TCA
- Stephen Colbert Intros Identical Twin Cousin After Legal Objections To Use Of His Comedy Central Persona
- Vin Diesel Crosses 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- ‘Sesame Street’s Number Of The Day: Three 40-Year Cast Members Out
- CNN Wins DNC Ratings Vote As Obama Speech Steady With RNC Day 3 Viewership
- ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Creator Nahnatchka Khan Inks Pod Deal With 20th TV