A three-year agreement with the WGA West that covers web writers-producers working in TV and radio news and promotions in the Los Angeles area was ratified today by CBS. It’s the guild’s first contract with online news writers. The deal includes increases in minimums and wages, and secures grievance procedures, paid vacations, holiday pay, and health and pension benefits. The CBS staff voted to be repped by the WGAW in July 2009 and have been negotiating since then.
WGA Signs 1st Contract Covering Web News
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- TruTV’s ‘Impractical Jokers’ Cleared In 85% Of U.S.
- Expectation Hires Kirstie Macdonald; DFI Boards ‘Loving Vincent’; Sky, A+E Extend Deal – Global Briefs
- ‘Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams’: Mel Rodriguez & Vera Farmiga Join Sci-Fi Anthology Series
- Sean Hannity “I Am Not Discussing” DNC Staffer Murder Story “For Now”
- Jon Stewart & HBO Scrap His Digital Animated Series Project
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producer Sued After Tyra Banks “Physically Manipulated” Young Girl