The billionaire shareholder activist isn’t buying a lot — but it’s enough to keep company watchers wondering whether he might challenge Lionsgate’s management at the September 13th investor meeting in Toronto. He bought 53,963 shares this week at about $7 a share, raising his stake slightly to 33.2%, he says in an SEC filing. The latest purchases follow the 702,877 shares he bought last week, his first purchase of the studio’s stock since July 2010. It’s unclear whether he’ll be able to cast votes with his new holdings. Lionsgate set August 5th as the record date — purchases after then typically can’t be voted. But Canadian law allows for some exceptions. Still, Icahn could offer other candidates for the board at any point up to the meeting. Icahn, who has criticized Lionsgate’s spending and strategy, nominated five board candidates last year. All lost. Lionsgate said last week that it is running the same 12-director slate that was elected last year.
Carl Icahn Continues To Buy Lionsgate Stock Ahead Of Shareholder Meeting
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia
- ‘Coco’ Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; ‘Justice League’ At $61M+; ‘Wonder’ Wows At $32M+: Friday…