EXCLUSIVE: After dividing her time between careers as a TV/feature writer and as a novelist for the past several years, Caprice Crane will merge the two with a gig to adapt her first novel into a TV series. NBC has put in development a half-hour comedy based on Crane’s book Stupid and Contagious, a romantic comedy whose title is taken from the Nirvana anthem Smells Like Teen Spirit. It centers on Heaven and Brady, two hate-at-first-sight neighbors navigating their way through life and love in their twenties. Crane, whose previous series writing credits include the CW’s 90210 and Melrose Place, will pen the script. Additionally, Crane has closed a deal to write her debut young-adult novel How To Be a Hater for publisher Fiewel and Friends. It is described as Mean Girls meets Revenge of the Nerds with a comic book twist. Crane, who recently released her fourth novel, With a Little Luck, also co-wrote this year’s big-screen romantic comedy Love, Wedding, Marriage. She recently signed with Paradigm and is managed by Brillstein Entertainment.
Caprice Crane To Adapt Her Novel 'Stupid And Contagious' Into NBC Comedy Project
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices