EXCLUSIVE: After dividing her time between careers as a TV/feature writer and as a novelist for the past several years, Caprice Crane will merge the two with a gig to adapt her first novel into a TV series. NBC has put in development a half-hour comedy based on Crane’s book Stupid and Contagious, a romantic comedy whose title is taken from the Nirvana anthem Smells Like Teen Spirit. It centers on Heaven and Brady, two hate-at-first-sight neighbors navigating their way through life and love in their twenties. Crane, whose previous series writing credits include the CW’s 90210 and Melrose Place, will pen the script. Additionally, Crane has closed a deal to write her debut young-adult novel How To Be a Hater for publisher Fiewel and Friends. It is described as Mean Girls meets Revenge of the Nerds with a comic book twist. Crane, who recently released her fourth novel, With a Little Luck, also co-wrote this year’s big-screen romantic comedy Love, Wedding, Marriage. She recently signed with Paradigm and is managed by Brillstein Entertainment.
Caprice Crane To Adapt Her Novel 'Stupid And Contagious' Into NBC Comedy Project
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive