Bounce TV said today that the first show to air on the network will be the Diana Ross-Michael Jackson musical The Wiz when the over-the-air African American-targeted channel launches at noon ET on Monday, Sept. 26. That will be followed by the Sidney Poitier starrer A Raisin in the Sun at 3 PM and Spike Lee’s Do The Right Thing at 8. Other highlights during Bounce’s first week include Lee’s School Daze (Sept. 27), a CIAA conference college football game pitting Bowie St. and Virginia Union (Sept. 28), and films The Siege (Sept. 29) and The Rundown (Sept. 30). The full schedule will be released Sept. 1.
Bounce TV To Launch With 'The Wiz'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Review: Cillian Murphy & Gang Raise Stakes In Strong Return
- 'Roots' Review: Reimagined Slavery Epic Poignant In Era Of Black Lives Matter
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Aziz Ansari’s ‘Master Of None’ Takes Unconventional Path To Comedy…
- Snoop Dogg Urges Acolytes To Avoid ‘Roots’ As Reboot Is Set To Premiere
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Ends Season Quietly On Low-Rated Holiday Sunday
- André Rousselet Dies: Canal Plus Founder & Mitterand Cabinet Director Was 93