Bounce TV said today that the first show to air on the network will be the Diana Ross-Michael Jackson musical The Wiz when the over-the-air African American-targeted channel launches at noon ET on Monday, Sept. 26. That will be followed by the Sidney Poitier starrer A Raisin in the Sun at 3 PM and Spike Lee’s Do The Right Thing at 8. Other highlights during Bounce’s first week include Lee’s School Daze (Sept. 27), a CIAA conference college football game pitting Bowie St. and Virginia Union (Sept. 28), and films The Siege (Sept. 29) and The Rundown (Sept. 30). The full schedule will be released Sept. 1.
Bounce TV To Launch With 'The Wiz'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘This Is Us’ EPs On Tearjerker ‘Memphis’ Episode, Its Impact On Randall & Future Storylines
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Promises Ben Carson Will Find “True Meaning Of HUD”
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- ‘The Resident’: Manish Dayal Stars, Bruce Greenwood Co-Stars In Fox Drama Pilot
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- Brad William Henke Joins CBS’ Jenny Lumet Drama Pilot; Emayatzy Corinealdi In ‘The Get’