Bounce TV said today that the first show to air on the network will be the Diana Ross-Michael Jackson musical The Wiz when the over-the-air African American-targeted channel launches at noon ET on Monday, Sept. 26. That will be followed by the Sidney Poitier starrer A Raisin in the Sun at 3 PM and Spike Lee’s Do The Right Thing at 8. Other highlights during Bounce’s first week include Lee’s School Daze (Sept. 27), a CIAA conference college football game pitting Bowie St. and Virginia Union (Sept. 28), and films The Siege (Sept. 29) and The Rundown (Sept. 30). The full schedule will be released Sept. 1.
Bounce TV To Launch With 'The Wiz'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- NBC Holding Open Casting Call For Dorothy In ‘The Wiz Live!’
- ‘Urban Cowboy’ Drama Series In Development At Fox
- The Big Bang Theory STEM Scholarship Set At UCLA
- ‘MasterChef’ Ratings Rise, ‘Briefcase’ Debut Tops Viewership, ‘500 Questions’ Dips
- Trevor Noah Takes Over ‘The Daily Show’ On September 28
- Bradley Cooper, Taylor Schilling Will Present On Tony Telecast – But What About Tommy Tune?