Bounce TV said today that the first show to air on the network will be the Diana Ross-Michael Jackson musical The Wiz when the over-the-air African American-targeted channel launches at noon ET on Monday, Sept. 26. That will be followed by the Sidney Poitier starrer A Raisin in the Sun at 3 PM and Spike Lee’s Do The Right Thing at 8. Other highlights during Bounce’s first week include Lee’s School Daze (Sept. 27), a CIAA conference college football game pitting Bowie St. and Virginia Union (Sept. 28), and films The Siege (Sept. 29) and The Rundown (Sept. 30). The full schedule will be released Sept. 1.
Bounce TV To Launch With 'The Wiz'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
More From Team
- Stephanie Langhoff Set For Sundance Institute Honor
- ‘Celebrity Family Feud’ Lets ‘SNL’ Cast Play The Imitation Game
- Blake Shelton’s Hee-Haw Hoedown Goes Urban Cowboy: ‘SNL’
- Tom Brady’s Balls Rapped In ‘SNL’ DeflateGate Opening Segment
- PGA Awards: ‘Birdman’ Wins Top Film Prize, ‘Breaking Bad’ Takes Drama Trophy & ‘Orange Is The New Black…
- Rupert Murdoch Raves About ‘American Sniper’, Slams Hollywood Leftists