Bounce TV said today that the first show to air on the network will be the Diana Ross-Michael Jackson musical The Wiz when the over-the-air African American-targeted channel launches at noon ET on Monday, Sept. 26. That will be followed by the Sidney Poitier starrer A Raisin in the Sun at 3 PM and Spike Lee’s Do The Right Thing at 8. Other highlights during Bounce’s first week include Lee’s School Daze (Sept. 27), a CIAA conference college football game pitting Bowie St. and Virginia Union (Sept. 28), and films The Siege (Sept. 29) and The Rundown (Sept. 30). The full schedule will be released Sept. 1.
Bounce TV To Launch With 'The Wiz'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy's Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick To Head All Scripted
Latest TV News
- ‘Riverdale’ Archie Comics CW Pilot Casts Its Betty Cooper & Jughead Jones
- Crown Media Holdings Takes Over ‘Hallmark Hall of Fame’ Franchise
- John Ridley’s ABC Pilot ‘Presence’ Casts Rick Gonzalez
- Film4 Gets Record Funding Increase, Sets Co-Fi Deal With Fox Searchlight On Martin McDonagh’s ‘Three Billboards’
- Jeremy Sisto To Star In ABC Pilot ‘The Jury’
- Donald Trump Finally Puts Price Tag On “Great Wall” Of Mexico; Cable News Networks Give Thanks